Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

They signed world class players like Havertz, Werner and Ziyech for on average 50 million each.

And some thinks they're going to offer 50 for slippy hands

Southgate is the only person in the world who would pick Pickford before Pope.

Pickford is better for the style England play than Pope is. It's why he gets picked.

Unless the style England are trying to play involves a keeper who can't make saves I'm not sure that's a valid point.

Well it is.

Pickford, for all his faults in an Everton shirt, has been pretty consistently good for England.

He also does have good distribution. It has been inconsistent for Everton but for England, it has to be said with better movement to aim at from the forwards, it has been better.

Southgate wants England to play out from the back and that involves the goalkeeper. Pope isn't 'bad' with his distribution, but he's not as good as Pickford.

On merit, Pope should get in atm. But why we seem to want to hate on our own player so much is beyond me.

We aren't selling Pickford this window regardless and he'll be our no.1 this season - however, in an ideal world we'll be able to bring some decent competition in which means if needs be he can be dropped should his form not improve.

Well it is.

Pickford, for all his faults in an Everton shirt, has been pretty consistently good for England.

He also does have good distribution. It has been inconsistent for Everton but for England, it has to be said with better movement to aim at from the forwards, it has been better.

Southgate wants England to play out from the back and that involves the goalkeeper. Pope isn't 'bad' with his distribution, but he's not as good as Pickford.

On merit, Pope should get in atm. But why we seem to want to hate on our own player so much is beyond me.

We aren't selling Pickford this window regardless and he'll be our no.1 this season - however, in an ideal world we'll be able to bring some decent competition in which means if needs be he can be dropped should his form not improve.

If you're going all in on distribution to the point you have a shot stopper as abysmal as Pickford in Goal you may as well go all the way and stick an outfield player in net.

Southgate is an abysmal manager so it's no surprise he's ignoring the form English keepers like Henderson and Pope. Probably hasn't seen either of them play, actually that might be it he probably hasn't seen Pickford play for Everton either.

England as a team seems to often have had a "Just pick the names the performances will surely come.... Right?" approach for decades now.

If you're going all in on distribution to the point you have a shot stopper as abysmal as Pickford in Goal you may as well go all the way and stick an outfield player in net.

Southgate is an abysmal manager so it's no surprise he's ignoring the form English keepers like Henderson and Pope. Probably hasn't seen either of them play, actually that might be it he probably hasn't seen Pickford play for Everton either.

England as a team seems to often have had a "Just pick the names the performances will surely come.... Right?" approach for decades now.

I haven't watched the game. Didn't he save a penalty?

Anyway, it's the wrong thread for this.

I think Pope - last season - was a better gk than Pickford. Sure we probs agree on that.

I can see why Pickford is picked for England though.

I still also think there is a good goalkeeper in Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back