Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully James and Doucoure come in today.

I think priority is to shift out the first team deadwood permanently:
Delph
Besic
Bolasie
Sandro
Tosun

Happily to send on loan:
Branthwaite
Gibson
Baningime

Judging by the original bid for Gabriel, I still think we'll be adding a centre back and I'm unsure if Coleman or Kenny will be given the opportunity to be first choice right back.

Braithwaite will be our only CH option off the bench next week and you want to send him in loan??

Pace:

We seem to have sorted that out at CB with both Holgate and Branthwaite.

Midfield too with Doucoure and Allan (more just ability to actually run that pace for Allan).

We have 3 Strikers that aren’t slouches.

Out-wide our only pace is currently 31 year old Theo Walcott.

Anyone else expect us to add some more pace to our attack?

To be fair, this fella in this article this morning is saying exactly the same thing as Marcotti which is a concern for me. There was also a respected journalist tweeting the other day that Napoli’s midfield got completely overrun with Ancelotti‘s 442 with Allan at the heart of that midfield as Napoli never had a defensive midfielder alongside him. All seem to be saying the same thing.

If Ancelotti goes with his preferred 442 formation here, who is the defensive midfielder we have that will sit alongside Allan? We simply don’t have one! Neither Gomes or Doucoure are that player. In fact, Doucoure seems to play the exact box to box role at Allan. Mentions of knee injuries and fitness issues creeping in and a general decline in his performances alongside the “past his prime” stuff has taken the shine off this signing for me.

Maybe some people’s age concerns on here of our recruitment this time were justified.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back