Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
....wouldn’t be a player on my agenda, I’d be concerned about his hunger to play and whether he had his best days at Spurs.

He’s also not really what we need. We’ve got Siggurdson (I know, but still...) & hopefully James who in my mind occupy the same role in the team.

I wouldn’t want us to have another ‘Walsh’ moment where we sign a glut of playmakers, just for 2 of them to always be benched/play in different roles where they are sub-optimal.

If the Sky era has taught us anything, it is that journalists know very little about the game. Why are we expected to accept their analysis over the judgement of an experienced manager
Exactly this. Apparently, a degree in journalism and being a gun at English in school makes you a tactical wizard at football.
I knew one guy, I won’t name names, but was not even into footy much at all when he was 20. He’s now at the nationals and people hang off his every word. Crazy.

Exactly, Neville Keane Shearer and Henry have been so successful as managers I can’t believe more people don’t listen to them as pundits.
I'm not entirely sure of your point here, but I agree that I don't give much credence to their input either. It has been shown many times that being a great player does not automatically translate into being a good manager, in man-management or tactical nous. The only one on that list I would give any credit to is Gary Neville.

I'm not entirely sure of your point here, but I agree that I don't give much credence to their input either. It has been shown many times that being a great player does not automatically translate into being a good manager, in man-management or tactical nous. The only one on that list I would give any credit to is Gary Neville.

ha I was being sarcastic. They were all terrible managers so I don’t know why people get het up about them and journalists not rating players we sign. I’d rather trust Ancelotti and Brands over the views of football media.

Sky constantly call us 'Free Spending Everton' now the media has picked it up

as of yet, we have signed 1 player. Others teams have spent more

Bad Sky. Off you should fook

Sky constantly call us 'Free Spending Everton' now the media has picked it up

as of yet, we have signed 1 player. Others teams have spent more

Bad Sky. Off you should fook

Mad isn't it, wolves have just sponked 35mill on some 18 year old and nothing is made of it

60-70m spent on the 3 players we are likely to have finalised this week is great business tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back