Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa after Martinez from Arsenal. He would be a great signing to push Pickford. But arsenal want 20m for him. I’m surprised they want to let him go, their form picked up when he replaced Leno.

if we could get a PROPER slotter
DCL scored 15 in 41 last season. Gomez got 11 in 43.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't really follow Spanish football so don't know how good this lad is. But a proper slotter he isn't according to those stats.

DCLs all round game has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons and he is Premier League proven. Gomez is untested in the Premier League and his goal scoring record, in a league where it's fair to say is easier to score, is not that great.

Not sure tbh.

What side does Zaha mainly play on? James plays right when he is not central. If it would be that front 3 I could only see it as James on the right or possibly as a central 10 with the other 2 ahead of him?

James is best as a number 10 and Carlo knows that. Don't know what formation Carlo will go with but will be amazed if he doesn't play him as a 10.

Valencia only scored 46 as a team

Gomez was their leading scorer in league play with 10 in 33. Also consistently a 1 in 3 striker in La Liga https://www.transfermarkt.us/maxi-g.../liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1
It's harder to score in the premier.

I'm not against bringing in a striker but if we do it needs to be a guaranteed upgrade on DCL. Looking at his stats I don't believe this guy is.

I think from a squad point of view we are in more need of a right winger and a right back, than another out and out striker. I'd rather focus on those area's and offloading our excess baggage for the remainder of the window.

DCL scored 15 in 41 last season. Gomez got 11 in 43.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't really follow Spanish football so don't know how good this lad is. But a proper slotter he isn't according to those stats.

DCLs all round game has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons and he is Premier League proven. Gomez is untested in the Premier League and his goal scoring record, in a league where it's fair to say is easier to score, is not that great.

Not sure tbh.
aggressive and holds the ball up.well good in the air ,will do if we are getting rid of tuson I think are fans would love him.
DLC is a lot better than a some of are fans give him credit for i don't think Carlo will be looking to replace him..

Get Doucoure in and shut the door we need to build a team around an entirely new midfield. No to Zaha or to a new keeper - focus on making this work. This is a chance that doesn't come very often.
That doesn't mean you sit still after these three are complete. If other areas can be improved, and we all saw post lockdown it was very obvious quite a lot of then needed to be, then we absolutely must do it.

We need to sell quite a few, and I think we will, but we're not done with more signings either imo.

Get Doucoure in and shut the door we need to build a team around an entirely new midfield. No to Zaha or to a new keeper - focus on making this work. This is a chance that doesn't come very often.
We need a right back though just don't see Kenny as good enough and Seamus is essentially just a defender now. If James is going to play off the right at times we need pace on that right hand side.

You won't be saying that when pickford throws his first one in the goal and starts laughing while also making the whole defence worse with his ADHD antics behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back