Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jovic on loan would be magic. Moise could go on loan to Italy to cover the wedge. Jovic is a goal machine. Went to Real too young.

I'm not sure Real would entertain letting us have him and James in 1 summer unless we paid silly money. He only moved there last year for £60m, so this seems unlikely.

Odd that they linked us to a winger. Had it in mind that we’d be playing 4-4-2 with James right mid but it looks as though Carlo wants a 4-3-3 which would likely put James as the furthest forward in a middle 3.

Something like;

Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
Doucouré James Allan
Walcott DCL Rich

Yeah on reflection I can see why he’s after a right winger.

I'm guessing a flexible 442 that allows James and Richarlison more freedom to drift out wide so we can switch to 433 if the game opens up.

That being the case, id say an athletic RB capable of getting forward and back would be a priority. After that, I'd be thinking of at least 1 more versatile Centre mid. So Florenzi does fit the bill there as he covers both.

Personally, id prioritise a Goalkeeper too, as I think that would make a huge difference.

I think we may get a Centre back on loan especially now with Holgate being injured. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Stones later on in the window, if/when City finalise Koulibally.

I'd only get a striker if we can shift Tosun and/or if Kean goes. Or if we could somehow get Ibrahimovic on a free.

I'm not sure Real would entertain letting us have him and James in 1 summer unless we paid silly money. He only moved there last year for £60m, so this seems unlikely.

I'm guessing a flexible 442 that allows James and Richarlison more freedom to drift out wide so we can switch to 433 if the game opens up.

That being the case, id say an athletic RB capable of getting forward and back would be a priority. After that, I'd be thinking of at least 1 more versatile Centre mid. So Florenzi does fit the bill there as he covers both.

Personally, id prioritise a Goalkeeper too, as I think that would make a huge difference.

I think we may get a Centre back on loan especially now with Holgate being injured
. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Stones later on in the window, if/when City finalise Koulibally.

I'd only get a striker if we can shift Tosun and/or if Kean goes. Or if we could somehow get Ibrahimovic on a free.
Personally, I agree!!

DCL scored 15 in 41 last season. Gomez got 11 in 43.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't really follow Spanish football so don't know how good this lad is. But a proper slotter he isn't according to those stats.

DCLs all round game has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons and he is Premier League proven. Gomez is untested in the Premier League and his goal scoring record, in a league where it's fair to say is easier to score, is not that great.

Not sure tbh.
Scored 11 in 43 last season mate according to wiki. Not that great to be fair.
Valencia only scored 46 as a team

Gomez was their leading scorer in league play with 10 in 33. Also consistently a 1 in 3 striker in La Liga https://www.transfermarkt.us/maxi-g.../liga/0/wettbewerb//pos/0/trainer_id/0/plus/1
It's harder to score in the premier.

I'm not against bringing in a striker but if we do it needs to be a guaranteed upgrade on DCL. Looking at his stats I don't believe this guy is.

I think from a squad point of view we are in more need of a right winger and a right back, than another out and out striker. I'd rather focus on those area's and offloading our excess baggage for the remainder of the window.
aggressive and holds the ball up.well good in the air ,will do if we are getting rid of tuson I think are fans would love him.
DLC is a lot better than a some of are fans give him credit for i don't think Carlo will be looking to replace him..

Maxi Gomez is a REALLY underrated player.

Very very strong and holds the ball up brilliantly. He'd be someome who could score 15-20 goals a season and a massive threat from set pieces delivered by James.

If were looking a having 4 forwards then;

Richarlison / Kean
Gomez / DCL

Would be ideal imo.

Number one priority for me was the midfield. I didn’t think we would end the window with a midfield of Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure.

for our current situation, even with Carlo, it was a bit beyond what I thought we would do. This window is a success in my eyes, evolution with 3 top drawer players, rather the 10 average like we done previously.

anything added, Rb, Rw, would be the cherry ontop of the cake.

I do have a feeling Zaha will be gone back in for, I think the Mosh is stubborn like that and will always try to get his man.

Number one priority for me was the midfield. I didn’t think we would end the window with a midfield of Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure.

for our current situation, even with Carlo, it was a bit beyond what I thought we would do. This window is a success in my eyes, evolution with 3 top drawer players, rather the 10 average like we done previously.

I do have a feeling Zaha will be gone back in for, I think the Mosh is stubborn like that and will always try to get his man.

Unless they want to have Tosun and Bolasie as part exchange plus a couple of millions.

I wouldn’t say no to Zaha but I really doubt we’ve got the money to buy anyone else, think we’ve already worked some magic FFP wise getting these 3 in. A right back on loan ie Arias with an option to buy would make it a fantastic window really. The RW spot is still a bit weak granted but can’t fix it unless we get rid of 4-5 big earners I wouldn’t think.

I wouldn’t say no to Zaha but I really doubt we’ve got the money to buy anyone else, think we’ve already worked some magic FFP wise getting these 3 in. A right back on loan ie Arias with an option to buy would make it a fantastic window really. The RW spot is still a bit weak granted but can’t fix it unless we get rid of 4-5 big earners I wouldn’t think.

yeah I can’t see it personally, and I think if we did it would be end of the window stuff now.

more the delighted with the work this window tbh, can’t argue at all. Just have a sneaky feeling, we aren’t done

Have we still got this ridiculous 5 changes b0llox, or is it back to 3?

How many subs on the bench these days?

Even with these 3 additions (& hopefully 5 or 6), we’re still a long way off seeing the back of our gutless losers. Our best 11 aren’t going to play forty odd games x 90 minutes....

These 3 players are just the compress to stem the bleeding. Still need major surgery.

Simple really an upgrade on DCL that 13 goals hopefully becomes 20 and 1

Because an upgrade on DCL hopefully that 13 becomes 20 and 12th becomes European football he should have had 20 last season with some of the chances he had don't buy this he never gets chances.

I never said he takes all his chances, but no striker does. He has come on massively from the season before, (when he scored 6 or something) and if he improves again going into this season, under the guidance of Carlo and an actually good midfield behind him, taking away his need to track back and do quite so much work, he is likely to score more and be a bit more clinical.

He is a young player, and replacing him now is far from a priority when there are other gaps in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back