Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about a RB - what about Alvaro Odriozola on loan? Maybe with an option to make permanent?
Has experience at both Madrid and Bayern. Only 24 years old.

Next priority has to be a right back for me, either permanent or on loan and then if the likes of Romero or Martinez are available at a decent price then I'd snap their hands off for either. Unless Pickford hits the ground running early doors, a new keeper would be ready to take over after a few games. Pickford needs serious competition.

Fair enough Zat. As I said I haven't really watched him. Just going off those stats.

The other issue of course is that without Europe we don't really need 4 strikers and bringing in Gomez could seriously affect Keans development.

Now I did hear Roma were interested in taking Kean on loan and also looking at offloading Under. Now if we could somehow conjure up some kind of swap loan deal for them, and bought Gomez, that would be interesting

Gomez and DCL are similar in that theyre the 'target men'. Hard working, hold the ball up etc

Richarlison and Kean i see as the 'all rounders' who are more about finishing and need the through balls for them to run onto etc

So having Gomez gives us competition in both positions. Also if we went 433 then Gomez/DCL competing up top with Kean/Richarlison as the wide forwards and James, Doucoure and Allan doesnt sound too bad either.

I definitely wouldnt swap/loan Kean and i wouldnt want Cengiz Under at all...nothing special about him and highly injury prone.

He won 5 trophies this season including both La Liga and Bundesliga. He did only play about 10 games across both teams too so not a bad trophy per minute ratio
Born winner! Plus he knows James well I guess so maybe that could help smooth any deal.

dont think we need another, we aren’t in Europe, 3 is enough, all we need is improvement from Kean.

But what if that doesn't happen?

Or an extended lay off for Richarlison?

Personally think we still need a CF & RB to really push for Europe and preferably also a LW & back up keeper to push Pickford.

I think we'll get another 2 in after Doucoure

But what if that doesn't happen?

Or an extended lay off for Richarlison?

Personally think we still need a CF & RB to really push for Europe and preferably also a LW & back up keeper to push Pickford.

I think we'll get another 2 in after Doucoure

most clubs can’t resource for an extended layoff to their best striker. I mean if PSG lost Mbappe the next cab off the rank is Chupo Moting. Similarly Bayern don’t have a player like Lewandowski on the bench to replace him should he be injured for a whole season, and they’re the best teams in Europe.

Maxi Gomez is a REALLY underrated player.

Very very strong and holds the ball up brilliantly. He'd be someome who could score 15-20 goals a season and a massive threat from set pieces delivered by James.

If were looking a having 4 forwards then;

Richarlison / Kean
Gomez / DCL

Would be ideal imo.
Don't follow Spanish football. Has Gomez got any pace. We need a strong pacey player up front who can slot.

most clubs can’t resource for an extended layoff to their best striker. I mean if PSG lost Mbappe the next cab off the rank is Chupo Moting. Similarly Bayern don’t have a player like Lewandowski on the bench to replace him should he be injured for a whole season, and they’re the best teams in Europe.
Yep, If big Virgil breaks his leg tomorrow who's his replacement, Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, That ginger youngster? You can apply such scenarios to every team.

Gomez and DCL are similar in that theyre the 'target men'. Hard working, hold the ball up etc

Richarlison and Kean i see as the 'all rounders' who are more about finishing and need the through balls for them to run onto etc

So having Gomez gives us competition in both positions. Also if we went 433 then Gomez/DCL competing up top with Kean/Richarlison as the wide forwards and James, Doucoure and Allan doesnt sound too bad either.

I definitely wouldnt swap/loan Kean and i wouldnt want Cengiz Under at all...nothing special about him and highly injury prone.
I would take Under before Gomez every second of every hour of every day of the week Zat

Agree with that but essentially not including Tosun you have 2 out of our 3 forwards with question marks over them (can DCL match last seasons tally & can Kean improve).

Essentially if the answer to both is yes then we dont necessarily need another CF but if the answer is even just no for one then realistically we do need another forward.

I just think with the players we have signed we need a strikeforce who we know what we are getting from them otherwise we've strengthened the midfield to then be in a position where we are still struggling to score more than 1 a game and relying on our average GK to keep clean sheets to win us games.

If I was to rate our business I would use the following measurement personally:

Current 3 + a RB = 7/10

Current 3 + RB + CF/LW = 8/10

Current 3 + RB + CF + LW = 9/10

Current 3 + RB + CF + LW + GK = 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back