Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that but essentially not including Tosun you have 2 out of our 3 forwards with question marks over them (can DCL match last seasons tally & can Kean improve).

Essentially if the answer to both is yes then we dont necessarily need another CF but if the answer is even just no for one then realistically we do need another forward.

I just think with the players we have signed we need a strikeforce who we know what we are getting from them otherwise we've strengthened the midfield to then be in a position where we are still struggling to score more than 1 a game and relying on our average GK to keep clean sheets to win us games.

If I was to rate our business I would use the following measurement personally:

Current 3 + a RB = 7/10

Current 3 + RB + CF/LW = 8/10

Current 3 + RB + CF + LW = 9/10

Current 3 + RB + CF + LW + GK = 10/10

7 players plus Nkounkou is too many in one window

2 more players for me. Right sided player and a GK.

Think we'll have to sell a few before we get anyone else in now (after doucoure). Right back is the next priority and personally I'd want an experienced centre back as next option. We're way too light there, branthwaite and gibson look good prospects, but they shouldn't be 4th choice for me yet, they have 2 or 3 pl games between them, that's quite risky.

Yes it'd be nice to get another attacker in, but we have a lot of options, a lot of players who will improve so much with a midfield behind them now. We all love to knock them, but it was very hard for any of them to make a difference when we were so slow and pedestrian, by the time they'd received the ball the opposition was always back in position and they had nobody making any runs to go on.

Yeah we'd like everything done this summer, but that won't happen. I don't want us doing an iwobi again and just lashing money at another body instead of saving that money.

We need a striker who can get us 20 goals, we already have the guys in who will provide good back up for him. Would much rather us wait until next summer and lash £40m or so at a top quality striker than throw another £10m-£15m at someone who will get 8 or 9 this season.

Think we'll have to sell a few before we get anyone else in now (after doucoure). Right back is the next priority and personally I'd want an experienced centre back as next option. We're way too light there, branthwaite and gibson look good prospects, but they shouldn't be 4th choice for me yet, they have 2 or 3 pl games between them, that's quite risky.

Yes it'd be nice to get another attacker in, but we have a lot of options, a lot of players who will improve so much with a midfield behind them now. We all love to knock them, but it was very hard for any of them to make a difference when we were so slow and pedestrian, by the time they'd received the ball the opposition was always back in position and they had nobody making any runs to go on.

Yeah we'd like everything done this summer, but that won't happen. I don't want us doing an iwobi again and just lashing money at another body instead of saving that money.

We need a striker who can get us 20 goals, we already have the guys in who will provide good back up for him. Would much rather us wait until next summer and lash £40m or so at a top quality striker than throw another £10m-£15m at someone who will get 8 or 9 this season.
Agree with this 100%. These 3 signings have been massive but in order to ‘balance’ it, we need to be looking at serious outgoings and getting decent fees for most of them (easier said than done). Let’s say we shift Tosun, Walcott, Delph, Sandro?, JJK?, Besic
It opens the door to another signing realistically. I take your point about waiting and then going ‘big’ on a ‘proven’ striker but I will add that before Maxi Gomez got his big money move, he was being courted by elite clubs (and West Ham). To be able to get him for something stupid like 14mil in today’s market is a bit of a joke and one we should at least be looking at. But it’s all on the caveat of major outgoings.
The Iwobi ‘deal’ feels more ridiculous the more times I think about it. Impossible to shift now, draining more resources - it hampers our ability to dip in for these opportunistic deals that pop up ie Maxi going for peanuts

Got to give it to him, he's got some reach. lollol

From /r/soccer

1599557006858.webp

Zaha is the one I want. Plays in an overly defensive side at Palace so stats for goals and assists are always going to suffer. Hes always dangerous, looks exciting and creates space for others.

we shift them and I’ll need Reattachment surgery after I rip my old boy off in excessive joy.

the Icelandic ice age goes and I’ll have to deal with becoming a Eunuch
Yeah, no way we will move all of them - these are just what I see as the ‘easiest’ to sell individually. Iceland and Iwobi will not be leaving due to wages and the fee we initially payed

It would be great to go out and buy a top forward but assuming we don't have the funds to throw mega money to do so, I don't think there's much point in going for a Maxi Gomez etc.

DCL and Kean should be the players getting minutes up top to maximise their value and potential. DCL scored 13 PL goals last season in a really poor side that didn't create any chances - our team is a different prospect now.

Don't get me wrong, if we went out and got Cavani I'd be delighted but I can't see it given our other weaknesses.

We need another quality wide player with pace, a good modern right back to match Digne, and competition in goal.

Zaha is the one I want. Plays in an overly defensive side at Palace so stats for goals and assists are always going to suffer. Hes always dangerous, looks exciting and creates space for others.
I want Zaha too. he's always got 2-3 players on him and now with the likes of Rodriguez & Richarlison, the space he'd free up we could really do some damage.

I want Zaha too. he's always got 2-3 players on him and now with the likes of Rodriguez & Richarlison, the space he'd free up we could really do some damage.
Works both ways though doesn't it. At Palace he's very much the star man, and the team is set up in a way to maximise his impact. Yes it means he's sometimes double marked, but it also means he gets given the ball all the time and is excused a lot of the donkey work. Personally i'm not so sure he'd be as effective in a team where he was expected to be a bit more rounded in his play and not just be given licence to try and skin everyone everytime he got the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back