Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love a RB and a fast pacy winger who can score. Think we will finish in the top half at least. We need to get 3 quality players in each year then we can challenge for top 6. This year im looking forward to a combative skilful midfield that gives every team a game, dosnt get bullied by teams and shows a bit of fight

100%. However if someone said to me at the start of the window what position do you want our only 3 1st team signings to be in, it would have been MF, MF and an attacking MF that can play across the line.

Then I’d be after a GK and a RB... then a pacy winger.

It's that right side really, if we get a quality right winger and right back we'd be a really exciting team and could do a Leicester of last season - it's not like their team is miles ahead of ours now.

1599559240787.webp

Realistically we have three obvious areas of improvement - right wing, right back, and competition for Pickford.

There's a stack of players that could be sold without being missed:
Kenny
Bernard
Bolasie
Sandro
Delph
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Besic
Lossl

It's obvious that Ancelotti wants to compete NOW, rather than in two or three years. Getting rid of the above and replacing with three would leave us with a big enough squad with a perfect balance of quality/experience/potential.

They've already shown how ruthless they want to be by replacing the entire midfield - if we want to get anywhere we'll need to be ruthless elsewhere too.

It's that right side really, if we get a quality right winger and right back we'd be a really exciting team and could do a Leicester of last season - it's not like their team is miles ahead of ours now.

View attachment 100488

Realistically we have three obvious areas of improvement - right wing, right back, and competition for Pickford.

There's a stack of players that could be sold without being missed:
Kenny
Bernard
Bolasie
Sandro
Delph
Walcott
Sigurdsson
Tosun
Besic
Lossl

It's obvious that Ancelotti wants to compete NOW, rather than in two or three years. Getting rid of the above and replacing with three would leave us with a big enough squad with a perfect balance of quality/experience/potential.

They've already shown how ruthless they want to be by replacing the entire midfield - if we want to get anywhere we'll need to be ruthless elsewhere too.
Might miss some of the stack when injuries pile up. It will be interesting to see how far any can raise their game to keep up. Bernard for example. ...

Think RW and RB is more important right now than a striker
The rebuild of midfield will change the entire nature of the team and the role of each player.
Last season our defence was under constant pressure because midfield was so static. This year I hope we will be much more defensively sound and our full backs will have more freedom to attack.

I think we need an attacking player on the right side of midfield, a goalkeeper to seriously challenge Pickford and that would be it.

I would like a couple of signings for the future like Nkonkou to counterbalance those we brought in at the older range.

Can I just keep one?
Can I keep Bernard? please, please, please.
I promise I'll feed him and take him for a walk every day an everything
please, please, please,
Might miss some of the stack when injuries pile up. It will be interesting to see how far any can raise their game to keep up. Bernard for example. ...

I really like Bernard and he could easily stay and be a useful player for us. The problem is that he's not shown enough in his two years here and as he was a free transfer I can see him being sold to get some profit in the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back