Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxi Gomez is a REALLY underrated player.

Very very strong and holds the ball up brilliantly. He'd be someome who could score 15-20 goals a season and a massive threat from set pieces delivered by James.

If were looking a having 4 forwards then;

Richarlison / Kean
Gomez / DCL

Would be ideal imo.
Fair enough Zat. As I said I haven't really watched him. Just going off those stats.

The other issue of course is that without Europe we don't really need 4 strikers and bringing in Gomez could seriously affect Keans development.

Now I did hear Roma were interested in taking Kean on loan and also looking at offloading Under. Now if we could somehow conjure up some kind of swap loan deal for them, and bought Gomez, that would be interesting

I never said he takes all his chances, but no striker does. He has come on massively from the season before, (when he scored 6 or something) and if he improves again going into this season, under the guidance of Carlo and an actually good midfield behind him, taking away his need to track back and do quite so much work, he is likely to score more and be a bit more clinical.

He is a young player, and replacing him now is far from a priority when there are other gaps in the team.

This. if Moise Keane developed as much as him last season and got 13 goals, most would be predicting him to be a world beater this season, cuz he is Italian and cost 30m. DCL is a nightmare to play against. He was poor after lockdown because the team gave up. I ve got high hopes for him this season

Forum has a tendency to follow like sheep, Zaha is by far better than anything we have, and if Palace have came down a fair way on their price why the hell not?

Zaha is Better than anything we have ? You do realise he signed James don’t you?

This. if Moise Keane developed as much as him last season and got 13 goals, most would be predicting him to be a world beater this season, cuz he is Italian and cost 30m. DCL is a nightmare to play against. He was poor after lockdown because the team gave up. I ve got high hopes for him this season
That is a good point about lewen.

I personally don't rate him but the absence of a midfield did seem to affect him after th restart. He really needs to take those one chance a game far more often though to move up a level.

He was poor after lockdown ? That has been his usual standard for 3-4 years apart from 10 games last season .

I’d be delighted with another wide player and if Kenny isn’t going to fit the bill then it’s time to look at Coleman’s replacement.

replacing Pickford would be the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake.

Linked to Maxi Gomez from Valencia yesterday and Tosun linked with a move back to Turkey (again), Gomez moved from Vigo to Valencia last summer for £13m, but Valencia have financial issues, so may have to sell, no idea what they would want though.

He was poor after lockdown ? That has been his usual standard for 3-4 years apart from 10 games last season .
Nonsense. He was playing the roll he was given by about 5 managers. He was not there to score, he was there to stretch defences, and be a nuisance which he did very well. He was a teenager often up against 2 top top defenders on his own. Makes me laugh when people just cannot see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back