Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree. I was impressed with Holgate last season but maybe not quite as much as some people were. I thought he was much improved and was up there as one of our players of the season, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that he's cemented himself as a guaranteed starter whenever he's available. Rightly or wrongly, I don't think Ancelotti is going to pick his team based on what's best for the long term prospects of the club. I think he's going to pick the team that he thinks is most likely to win the game, and I wouldn't be overly surprised if that meant Tomori was picked ahead of Holgate. Again, i'm not saying I think he's better personally because I haven't seen enough of him, but I think some people are looking at it a bit backwards thinking that Holgate would definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order.
I understand your logic, but surely this would undermine the message that Brands and Ancelotti have been keen to promote that there is a passage to the first team for young talented players.
It is important to remember Holgate is not a failing player , quite the opposite in fact. So to supplant him with a player on a season long loan for the sake of expediency would seem to send a discouraging message to those young players currently ,patiently, awaiting their own chance.

End of last season, beginning of the window, almost all not only expected it but almost welcomed it as a chance to bring in some cash to rebuild.
Now, because of us having a decent window so far and no sign of any bids or interest there is a hope against hope he might stay.
He has been outstanding in pre season. I think he’ll go. Someone abroad will take a punt.If he stays over here, more likely Arsenal so he can stay in London.
Arsenal forums are busy lining up their Tosun, Niasse equivalents for us to take.
Will certainly go for less than last season’s asking price if he does go.
Hope he stays to be honest. Not just because I don’t think he travels well up north (if it was us he was joining), but also he owes palace for pulling him out of his Moyes daughter banging excrement He got himself in.

May be that we plan on planning 3-5-2 at some point as well.

Dino Arms

- Holgate - Keane/Mina - Tomori

Coleman/RB ------------------------- Digne

-----------------Allan--Doucs-----------------

---------------------James---------------------

----------Richy------------DCL-----------------

I don't hate it, but I think playing this formation makes RB (or RWB) a huge priority. I can't see Seamus excelling in that role at all. Digne will probably be class because he'll have less defending to do!!

Am I right in thinking that JJK played a similar role at Schalke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back