Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's become a hate figure on here and on social media in general. There is a danger that will spill over onto the pitch when crowds are allowed back in and that would be a serious problem if it happened.

Are the club aware of how much he is hated by our fans? I'm not sure they are and I really don't think there are serious plans afoot to replace him, although I could easily be wrong.

Personally I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as his hatefan club would have it. Yes he makes too many mistakes, and his head certainly wasn't there for most of last season, especially after the lockdown. But I said in his own thread that if Southgate backed him during the International break, then he may get some confidence back and, more importantly, get his head straight again. That's happened and he was probably one of Englands better players.

Hopefully he can keep the mistakes down to a minimum this season which will keep fans off his back for a while, and we'll be able to maybe sell him next year when hopefully his stock is still quite high. Who we are going to replace him with I have no idea, as Chelsea have already discovered how difficult it is to find a quality keeper these days. But the hate for him amongst fans is so vitriol you have to be realistic and concede his days here are numbered

Two years ago I actually suggested in here that we should sell him whilst his stock was high after the world cup, and replace him with Dean Henderson from United. I was laughed off in here, probably by the same people who are calling for his head now.
Hate is pretty strong, He gives off a cocky attitude while being a sub par player which the two do not mix, If you're someone like Richarlison you might get away with it because he turns up and delivers the goods, Fans don't like it when you're being cocky while also being crap, Maybe if he keeps his head down and tries to focus on his game and stop letting stupid goals in, It's that simple.
Goals like the Bournemouth one and launching it up to Bernard in the 90th minute, you're just asking for it tbf.

I’m not convinced Tomori is head and shoulders superior to Holgate ,although he may shade it at present, both are still developing. England caps are no reliable barometer , especially when players of Keane’s calibre also have a few.
Regardless, placing Tomori ahead of Holgate at this stage of his development would be counterproductive and foolish considering he is a Everton player whereas Tomori never will be.
I don't disagree. I was impressed with Holgate last season but maybe not quite as much as some people were. I thought he was much improved and was up there as one of our players of the season, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that he's cemented himself as a guaranteed starter whenever he's available. Rightly or wrongly, I don't think Ancelotti is going to pick his team based on what's best for the long term prospects of the club. I think he's going to pick the team that he thinks is most likely to win the game, and I wouldn't be overly surprised if that meant Tomori was picked ahead of Holgate. Again, i'm not saying I think he's better personally because I haven't seen enough of him, but I think some people are looking at it a bit backwards thinking that Holgate would definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I don't think he is coming to us. But in all seriousness, are Palace supporters expecting him to leave or is there not much talk?
End of last season, beginning of the window, almost all not only expected it but almost welcomed it as a chance to bring in some cash to rebuild.
Now, because of us having a decent window so far and no sign of any bids or interest there is a hope against hope he might stay.
He has been outstanding in pre season. I think he’ll go. Someone abroad will take a punt.If he stays over here, more likely Arsenal so he can stay in London.
Arsenal forums are busy lining up their Tosun, Niasse equivalents for us to take.
Will certainly go for less than last season’s asking price if he does go.

One of the Everton hacks tweeted it this morning... might have been Vinny O’Connor but I’m not sure
Big Phil from the echo i think it is with his usual negative rubbish after been gone for a week, remember he said only loans in and we have to sell 1st to buy etc,as well as him saying we didnt want zaha and so on last year when it was confirmed we did make the bid etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back