Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll cost at least 50m for me. If it was 70 they wanted last year then there is no way they will have halved the asking price.
Don't even think he will cost over 30 personally after that last season and hes at an age now were they need to cash in and reinvest, if he was 30m or below would that change your mind though?

The sooner this despicable scum is flushed out of Everton F.C. the happier I will be.
Please get rid.

Despicable scum? Come on, why are our fans hurling personal insults at our players when they were never good enough to start with? Just because you don't think he's good enough, doesn't make tosun scum. It's not his fault he was bought, he's never done anything for everton which means he should be labelled as scum.

Why do people keep making up the Zaha fees 40/60m, it won't cost either of those after the season hes just had.

My head tells me Zaha is a non-starter but then I have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Moshiri and Brands are obviously keen on him. I reckon Palace will let him go for around £35m-£40m since he’s one year on in his contract and wants out.

It’s not the fee that should be the issue if Moshiri is funding it but the whole compliance thing. If we do bid can only assume it’s because we’re bombing a fair few players out. The relaxation of the financial rules means we have more time to balance the books but it still needs to happen.

Still doesn’t make sense to me mind.

It would be a travesty to play an extra centre back when we have so many bodies for centre mid and the wings.

Dont have many able bodies though. 3 infact. Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott all below standard. Gordon is a young lad who can come off the bench or can start in the midfield as well. An extra Cb can allow Digne to be as infulential as possible in attack (although it doesnt solve right side really..)

It probably wont happen but would explain why we'd like a CB and have 4 first teamers (and let the young lads go get games week in week out)

My head tells me Zaha is a non-starter but then I have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Moshiri and Brands are obviously keen on him. I reckon Palace will let him go for around £35m-£40m since he’s one year on in his contract and wants out.

It’s not the fee that should be the issue if Moshiri is funding it but the whole compliance thing. If we do bid can only assume it’s because we’re bombing a fair few players out. The relaxation of the financial rules means we have more time to balance the books but it still needs to happen.

Their fans don't even think they will get over 30 anymore, I honestly think after covid prices have halved, I did not expect to sign the players we have for the fee's we have, last season James Allan and Doucoure are all double what we paid.

Dont have many able bodies though. 3 infact. Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott all below standard. Gordon is a young lad who can come off the bench or can start in the midfield as well. An extra Cb can allow Digne to be as infulential as possible in attack (although it doesnt solve right side really..)

I'd play 4-3-3 with richy and james either side of the striker. Allan, doucoure and gomes in the centre. Better options than the 3 cb's

No one will pay that.

I’m not convinced Tomori is head and shoulders superior to Holgate ,although he may shade it at present, both are still developing. England caps are no reliable barometer , especially when players of Keane’s calibre also have a few.
Regardless, placing Tomori ahead of Holgate at this stage of his development would be counterproductive and foolish considering he is a Everton player whereas Tomori never will be.

If Tomori is the better option to play then play him. You don't play a weakened side for the sake of one player's development.

And signing a bit-part Chelsea player after a season on loan is much less of a stretch than signing Ancelotti & Rodriguez was a year back.

Benteke’s good. Just saying.
Screenshot_20200909-093013_Facebook.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back