Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don’t mind Tosun. I know that’s unpopular, but he’s a different profile than the other strikers we have. If we’re absolutely dominating a game at home and all the action is in the penalty box he’s arguably got better finishing instincts than any of our other strikers. Obviously away from home against any half decent team he’s completely useless as he has no pace. If we can sell him great, but if we have to keep him I’d rather see him play a part in the squad than just mope around.

Face it - no great player is coming to Everton this year.
1599654425198.webp

We've come on leaps and bounds during this window though and brought some real quality. Yes we can make do with what we have, but that position is now our only "weak" spot IMO. The make up of our best players now pretty much determines that, in possession, we'll likely set up with a narrow formation with the width being provided by the full backs. We don't have a right back that is able to carry out that role to a decent level. it's a pity Seamus isn't the player he was 4 years ago.

This season I think Liverpool, City and Chelsea are on another level, but that fourth spot is all to go for and we can be in that mix. Just need that final piece in the jigsaw to compete at that level.

A GK we cam trust and rely on not to make sill;y mix ups?

I note Villa have seemingly moved on from what was being called almost a ‘done deal’ a week ago for Romero, and are trying for Martinez from Arsenal.

I wonder what’s happened there...........

*taps nose*

I actually don’t mind Tosun. I know that’s unpopular, but he’s a different profile than the other strikers we have. If we’re absolutely dominating a game at home and all the action is in the penalty box he’s arguably got better finishing instincts than any of our other strikers. Obviously away from home against any half decent team he’s completely useless as he has no pace. If we can sell him great, but if we have to keep him I’d rather see him play a part in the squad than just mope around.
I kind of agree with this. In a game you dominate possession and are jut dumping it in their box but need that final touch hes a more mature finisher than DCL and Kean. I think Kean can soon surpass that though, his shot is very good its just the other aspects he needs to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back