Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200909_194726.webp

3 trophies? 3rd placing? Any suggestion?

I'm surprised by how few people seem to have considered this. I've not seen enough of Tomori at Chelsea to say but he's definitely been higher rated than Holgate coming through. He's played more for all England age groups I think, and has got a senior cap and other call ups despite being younger than Holgate. He's also got CL experience. I would be surprised if he was happy to play second fiddle to somebody of Holgate's stature.
I’m not convinced Tomori is head and shoulders superior to Holgate ,although he may shade it at present, both are still developing. England caps are no reliable barometer , especially when players of Keane’s calibre also have a few.
Regardless, placing Tomori ahead of Holgate at this stage of his development would be counterproductive and foolish considering he is a Everton player whereas Tomori never will be.

I’m not convinced Tomori is head and shoulders superior to Holgate ,although he may shade it at present, both are still developing. England caps are no reliable barometer , especially when players of Keane’s calibre also have a few.
Regardless, placing Tomori ahead of Holgate at this stage of his development would be counterproductive and foolish considering he is a Everton player whereas Tomori never will be.

If Tomori likes it here on loan and Chelsea keep Silva and bring back Sarr there’s absolutely no reason why we may not look to buy him.

If we need 4 CB's then we need 4 CF's.

Hopefully once Tosun goes we get someone in - not convinced by the links to Gomez though sounded just speculation based on us "enquiring" which is the same as "considering" "mulling" "pondering"

If Tomori likes it here on loan and Chelsea keep Silva and bring back Sarr there’s absolutely no reason why we may not look to buy him.

One issue with this is as well, that Chelsea will have learnt that we are not a soft touch from last year and we will be happy to walk away from the deal.

Last summer was complicated by and having a new manager and also having a new manager who wanted to evaluate his squad. I find it highly unlikely both of these circumstances will be in play next summer.

If Chelsea could have bought players, or Lampard (or AN other manager had had a few months there) I'm almost 100% we sign Zouma. They sell him and go and bring in a Thiago Silva type. They couldn't buy someone in, so it got complicated, especially when late into the window Luiz wanted to go. A perfect storm.

Chelsea's decision to bring in the players they have, and allow him to leave is very much him being pushed out of the door. The circustances that existed to re-open the door for Zouma won't be there (unless they are banned from buying again). So if he does well here I suspect we will keep him. He's a great age and great profile.

I don't think we have really recovered from losing Zouma yet, so this will be a good step in the right direction.

We’ve been here before with Zouma , Lampard likes/ rates him.
I would prefer to prioritise developing Holgate,who is himself highly rated, rather than another teams player.
Just to clarify, I am in favour of signing Tomori on loan , and suspect we will, but not at the expense of Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back