Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, any of those mentioned would be agreeable (I would prefer Dalot personally).
However if we take Tomori on loan he provides cover at RB , plus using him as cover there would increase his potential game time which is something Chelski would be keen to ensure.
I think Chelsea would want him played at CB as thats his strongest position and where Lampard always played him

I liked the look of Kyle John in the recent friendlies. He could be seen as a long term first choice.
I think we can get through this season perfectly well with Coleman and Kenny. Everything about the team should be different this season and players may be able to express themselves now that we have a properly functioning midfield.

In fairness, kenny was a world cup winner and league winning captain here at youth levels, if he can't make it here, almost no youngsters will. Sadly that's the state of how hard it is, nearly all of our world cup winners from a few years back will be gone bar Calvert-Lewin.

Need a RB and GK

1599650558989.webp

I think Chelsea would want him played at CB as thats his strongest position and where Lampard always played him
I appreciate that but if we were to sign him I doubt he would be ahead of Keane, Holgate or Mina which would limit his immediate game time but if you throw in the RB position as well he should get more opportunities , he could even displace Coleman eventually.
While it wasn’t ideal , playing RB for a season didn’t seem to do Holgate any lasting damage.

Whilst there are lots on here who question whether we have bought enough, or whether we need to get rid of the dross, or even whether we need to keep,in buying. I would personally like to thanks everybody at Everton, every single one of them for making my old dad smile. He is proper buzzing That we have addressed our weakest area in one fell swoop!

good on you Blues!

My position on this is two fold. Firstly I think we will be bringing him in as centre back. Maybe Holgate's injury is worse than first feared (though I am not sure how serious a toe injury can be if he walks off, worst face is a metatarsal which is 4-6 weeks). It may be that either Keane or Mina may be moved on, or that they have good loans lined up for Brainthwaite & Gibson and want that extra cover.

It could also be that we just view Tomori as an upgrade on our options, includng Holgate. I like Holgate a lot, but last seasonin it's totality wasnt so great and there's a very good case that Zouma would be better than any of our centre backs. Lots of people think Tomori while being a bit more raw, is comparable to Zouma and maybe a higher ceiling. The year in the PL will have done him a lot of good. If he had a Zouma level impact, when you look at the goals we conceded that season, it's a good buy.

It also seems that Brands is fairly loyal to his targets. We've seen it with Doucoure. He think's hes a good player and see he remains a good player 12 months later. SoI would imagine we are briging him in, because he's a better fit and perhaps a better player than what we have. I don't think he will be primarily viewed as a right back, and still expect to see a right back at some point.

The flip of this, regarding Chelsea. They are just going to want players out of the door, given the money they've spent. When you loan 40+ players in a window, and you acknowledge this window is tough, I would imagine you can't get too pre-occupied with guarenteeing him games. They won't want him milling about their squad, potentially causing disharmony due to him never being involved. There's a lot of site out of mind that goes on.

They'll also know Everton, particularly under Ancelotti is a good fit for him. If he's good enough he will get game time, if not then his wages are covered.

He seems a sensible loan, probably more of the "profile" of the players we looked at over the last couple of years, but at CB we are fortunate enough to have some stability and pretty decent pro's, so we can be a bit more adventurous in our signings.

Everyone is going on about Gabriel at Arsenal, given the similar style it wouldn't surprise me at all if Brands seems Tomori as a similar type like for like replacement.

I do wonder, if we line up 4-3-3 with James at RW/RF or whatever you want to call it, whether Carlo wants the option to "do a Lescott" on the right by playing a big, physical CB/RB hybrid at RB that maybe needs less help on the defensive side of things than a natural RB would. Could be Tomori or Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back