Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been here before with Zouma , Lampard likes/ rates him.
I would prefer to prioritise developing Holgate,who is himself highly rated, rather than another teams player.
Just to clarify, I am in favour of signing Tomori on loan , and suspect we will, but not at the expense of Holgate.

Holgate is injured though. You can't look at the potential loaning of Tomori without that context.

If Holgate was fully fit, would we be looking to loan Tomori? It's a hypothetical question but I think the answer might be no.

We’ve been here before with Zouma , Lampard likes/ rates him.
I would prefer to prioritise developing Holgate,who is himself highly rated, rather than another teams player.
Just to clarify, I am in favour of signing Tomori on loan , and suspect we will, but not at the expense of Holgate.

Bring him in and whoever performs best stays in the team. Simple as that.

If we actually have enough money to get Zaha out of Palace, then we should be aiming to spend that money on someone better than Zaha. Not saying he's a bad player because he's not. But we could get far better for £60m.

love it when people say this... come on then, who are we buying better than Zaha?

He fooled me with his "I'll fight for my place nonsense". Clearly time to file under Bolasie and happy to sit around on a big wage.
How?

The man would come on for the last 10 minutes and just jog around at a leisurely pace. His work rate, like Niasse, is an absolute myth. He'll fight to stay on a way too inflated wage for his ability more like.

I liked the look of Kyle John in the recent friendlies. He could be seen as a long term first choice.
I think we can get through this season perfectly well with Coleman and Kenny. Everything about the team should be different this season and players may be able to express themselves now that we have a properly functioning midfield.
We've come on leaps and bounds during this window though and brought some real quality. Yes we can make do with what we have, but that position is now our only "weak" spot IMO. The make up of our best players now pretty much determines that, in possession, we'll likely set up with a narrow formation with the width being provided by the full backs. We don't have a right back that is able to carry out that role to a decent level. it's a pity Seamus isn't the player he was 4 years ago.

This season I think Liverpool, City and Chelsea are on another level, but that fourth spot is all to go for and we can be in that mix. Just need that final piece in the jigsaw to compete at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back