Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’d see a more composed group. Maybe better positional sense and especially the likes of Doucoure mean there won’t be such a problem. But Carlo would appear to agree with you given who we’ve been after.
Do you think Branthwaite and Nkounkou will help?
Theyre both young lads, Niels looks like he can move whereas Jarrad atm looks cumbersome but a decent left footed CB is gold dust so happy for him to develop in and around 1st team.. at bare minimum i think we need pace at FB

Theyre both young lads, Niels looks like he can move whereas Jarrad atm looks cumbersome but a decent left footed CB is gold dust so happy for him to develop in and around 1st team.. at bare minimum i think we need pace at FB
Just wondering where you've seen Jarrad look cumbersome 'at the moment'? He certainly wasn't in his few appearances at the end of last season... He looked extremely composed and fit in without a problem, claiming quite a few plaudits during his game time.

Just wondering where you've seen Jarrad look cumbersome 'at the moment'? He certainly wasn't in his few appearances at the end of last season... He looked extremely composed and fit in without a problem, claiming quite a few plaudits during his game time.
I see him looking heavy footed and slow tbh, ill give him time though as he's stepped up from playing a dozen games at Carlisle in league 13 before this. My point was about pace at the back, i hope Jarrad develops technically as he is physically a godsend for us, but you dont develop pace

For me the RB area is our 1 major area of concern.

Pickford is capable of having a very good season if he can get his head right
Possibly Hamez might solve our RW issue, but ideally we could do with wingers for both sides, cos the quality certainly isn't there
Few injuries concerns at CB

But Coleman isn't Coleman anymore and I doubt JJK is the required quality.

So for me its the 1 area we should be focusing on for now.
A week ago you said a suggestion of playing James wide should be a banable offense.

Self impose a ban on yourself now.

I see him looking heavy footed and slow tbh, ill give him time though as he's stepped up from playing a dozen games at Carlisle in league 13 before this. My point was about pace at the back, i hope Jarrad develops technically as he is physically a godsend for us, but you dont develop pace
OK, I didn't see him getting outpaced in those few games though. In fact, I rarely saw anyone get the better of him. Granted, he's not electric, but there aren't masses of centre backs that have loads of pace really (as they're generally 6' 2"+ and pretty gangly!) and they use their reading of the game or height advantage to their advantage more than outright pace. I'd guess JB is quicker than Keane and Mina.

OK, I didn't see him getting outpaced in those few games though. In fact, I rarely saw anyone get the better of him. Granted, he's not electric, but there aren't masses of centre backs that have loads of pace really (as they're generally 6' 2"+ and pretty gangly!) and they use their reading of the game or height advantage to their advantage more than outright pace. I'd guess JB is quicker than Keane and Mina.
Yeah, majority arent lightning hence why i think we need FBs with pace to accomodate.. pace and being sharp two different things and i worried that he was lacking sharpness, as i say its huge step up for anyone nevermind a kid.. Keane and Mina together are quicksand material though

I haven't really watched him much, I don't watch DAS SPL or La Liga and not every CL game, so I wasn't aware that he had played as many games on the right as he has.
Yeah I heard he’s played on the right a bit, but I don’t think that’s in a 4-4-2. In his interviews and the noises around him suggest he doesn’t like the defensive side of the game. He may well position himself more on the right but I doubt he’s coming here to help out JJK or Coleman. Im
Sure he will have been given assurances around where he plays and it will probably favour exactly where he wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back