Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands on Romero 2008:

“He has developed very strongly in the year and a half he has been here now,” Brands was quoted as saying by Voetbal International. “Sergio quickly adapted to the Netherlands.”

“When it became clear at the beginning of this season that he would win the competition (for first-choice), we wanted to make an appreciative gesture towards him. Sergio is a great talent and will become a very good keeper.”

Brands on Romero 2008:

“He has developed very strongly in the year and a half he has been here now,” Brands was quoted as saying by Voetbal International. “Sergio quickly adapted to the Netherlands.”

“When it became clear at the beginning of this season that he would win the competition (for first-choice), we wanted to make an appreciative gesture towards him. Sergio is a great talent and will become a very good keeper.”

Bloody hell I swear Brands has worked with everyone

I am referring to your comment saying because of his age he’d only be a 2-3 year signing (which is still a long time anyway).

oh okay

well I just think £25m (if you include wages) is a lot to spend on a half-decent 33-year-old GK for 3 years, was my general point.

If we could get him on a two-year deal, at £50k or something and a £5-10m fee, would definitely be happy with him.

I’m all for signing Romero, decent option and Pickford is useless.

If we loan him though, it probably means Dalot is off the cards.

oh okay

well I just think £25m (if you include wages) is a lot to spend on a half-decent 33-year-old GK for 3 years, was my general point.

If we could get him on a two-year deal, at £50k or something and a £5-10m fee, would definitely be happy with him.
Still think we should go for a loan myself. He's surplus to requirements at United now and presumably they'll want him off their wage bill. We have exactly the same issue with Sandro, Besic and Bolasie.

He’s got 12 months left.
Yes I know. So have the 3 Everton players I mentioned. All 4 are also surplus to requirements at their existing clubs.

We would like to sell our 3 players, but if nobody wants to buy them we will loan them out and get as much of their wages off our books as possible. That's what I'm saying we should be doing with United for Romero.

Something something about Milik from Di Marzio but the translation is pretty bad, Possible loan towards the end of the window shutting, Something about Napoli offering him a new deal and loan him out.
God knows.

Yes I know. So have the 3 Everton players I mentioned. All 4 are also surplus to requirements at their existing clubs.

We would like to sell our 3 players, but if nobody wants to buy them we will loan them out and get as much of their wages off our books as possible. That's what I'm saying we should be doing with United for Romero.

Yeh but what if United would rather just sell him somewhere else and get a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back