Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting in great young players is ace. It's the icing on the cake. But just getting in great players is the priority for me. I don't worry too much about how old they are.
The only downside to getting in players like James and Allan at 29 is that if they are really good and become integral to the team you don't have them for as long.
If we had got James at 21 it would have been brilliant but just to get him is enough for me.
We've had plenty of players who have played well for us into their mid-late 30s so you're right, it's all about talent really.

thing is if we get James when he’s 21 then he leaves in a couple of years anyway ... the two diferi factors are that signing him at 21 means he’s not the complete player he is at 29.. the other trade off is obviously transfer fee received. We need a mix of both young players we can sell on ( if we are not challenging ) in order to sign players but we also need to sacrifice the future fee and pay for 5-6 players in the squad that are at their peak and able to perform and challenge

Getting in great young players is ace. It's the icing on the cake. But just getting in great players is the priority for me. I don't worry too much about how old they are.
The only downside to getting in players like James and Allan at 29 is that if they are really good and become integral to the team you don't have them for as long.
If we had got James at 21 it would have been brilliant but just to get him is enough for me.
We've had plenty of players who have played well for us into their mid-late 30s so you're right, it's all about talent really.
Sell on fees have become too big an issue for supporters if you ask me. When I started watching football we didn't discuss these things it was nobody's business. Now fans use it as a metric on if to sign someone, utterly weird and bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back