Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, target in. Shame about Tomori but that's CB covered, and maybe even a bit of midfield if needed.

Haven't seen loads of him, just the Norwich games I covered last year really. Know he's quick and decent on the ball but he's coming in to be a rotation option.

Rest of the window will be focused on outs, I guess.

I'd love to see a forward come in, though. Not a striker, but a player who can play anywhere in that front line because that gives us options with the midfield, too.

A chara, I've honestly never heard of him did he play against us last season? What's/who's he like Neiler? You rate him don't you.?

He’s very much a ball playing centre half - who would I liken him to, McGrath, Ferdinand, Stones. Obviously he’s not at that level yet but in terms of style. He’s a bit like Holgates style, but has more presence and probably confidence and leadership.

I see his transfer as Carlo wanting to link the defence with midfield, his biggest strength I think is in pocession on the ball, distribution, holding pocession, coming out from the back, passing, vision, and receiving pocession when being pressed, on top of all the bread and butter defensive stuff. He has plenty of headroom to improve.

He did a chara, he was my MOM in the away game after the restart last season, he was immense, I’m surprised not many seem to remember him. I watchedNorwich a bit over the last two years mostly to watch Aaron’s and Lewis but was always left thinking Godrey was the gem there. I’ve banged the drum firca but since last Spring on here.

I wrote this when @Zatara asked me about centre half’s recently:

If I had to pick a centre back as a potential Investment and huge headroom who could play now would be Godfrey. Hugely impressed with him. He’s the potential to be international And CL class.

I watched Norwich last year and the season before to look at Aaron’s and Lewis, but always left impressed by Godfrey as their best defender. Thought he was MOM vs us away last year, so surprised people are indifferent.

He’s a tenacious defender loves a physical battle, did a great physical job on DCL when we played them, he’s a good technician has played midfield and very comfortable on the ball, playing out, but also taking it under pressure being pressed. He’s very good in the air and has an admirable turn of pace and excellent on interceptions, I think he’s a terrific attitude with leadership qualities to. He’s a very well rounded defender with huge potential in my opinion, he’s going to a higher a level club just a matter of where eventually. Be made up with him. Bags of head room to develop.

Do I think he will come here? I think it will take 20-25 million, not sure we have that to spare. But a very good investment for my money.

My bad I thought you liked him lol

We offered £20m plus £6m add ons - Norwich said no.
Then we offered £25m plus £1m add ons - Norwich said yes!
Well that's how I'd like it to have been anyway.

This is happening, (without me having a clue what’s going on) I guess we are waiting until very late in the window to get the price we want. Palace have a player who doesn’t want to be there. I guess Bolasie would go the other way as part of the deal.
Dont raise our hopes only to have them dashed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back