Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually that good tho?

Or is he just the new Rossiter, Ojo, Sinclair, Woodburn that they hype up for no reason before them disappearing into oblivion a few years later

He's miles better than all of them, or was regarded as such at least. People outside of Liverpool said as much (which is always a useful barometer with that lot).

There doesn't seem to be any sort of rumours with most of them though. I mean quite a few on that list, if I'm honest I think will go after the deadline to the championship. I also think, unless we got a good offer we have have to reluctantly keep Delph.

Tbf, the Godfrey rumours came out of the blue... Thats my hope anyway.

I think for most of the guys who are in the final year, they will just go on loan, becuase they are on big money with us, which they won't get from a new team, so we will be paying part of their wages and the club their loaned to will pay part of the wages, until their contracts expire

Probably yeah, any sort of wages off the books right now would be a bonus

It's about 15 million down by all accounts. They will probabaly have to pay 15-20% ish to the previous club as part of the settlement. A decent deal by all means but not the 23 they make out. They might clear 10 and have a few in add ons (thats before the agent and player take their cut to move).

Brewster is also a lot better than Solanke. Solanke is a hideous footballer, Brewster is pretty talented.
yeah but for someone who has hardly played in the PL, it is daylight robbery. I mean would anyone pay appr 20 mill for Simms now and expecting to be ready to start in PL games. It is a gamble for sure

yeah but for someone who has hardly played in the PL, it is daylight robbery. I mean would anyone pay appr 20 mill for Simms now and expecting to be ready to start in PL games. It is a gamble for sure

Well maybe. I mean Brewster has a strong track record at international level and has 1 in 2 in the championship. Thats just not the case with Simms.

I mean we paid more for Moise Kean, who hadn't played in England, had a handful of appeareances for Juventus and a loan spell. It's a good fee, but it's about the ballpark I'd imagine.

Not a chance, we've had that lad lined up with about 3 moves (Middlesbrough, stoke and Sheffield United) so far and his agent has knocked them all back because of his wage demands.

Rangers aren't going to be offering him half of what he's on here. They might bid, we might accept but he'll never agree to the wage drop.

I remembered the news said he rejected a club in the last minute after we agreed everything. Drain out resources of the club...

Not wanting to take away from all the positivity on here but if we have the money to pay 25m for Godfrey then why did we pull out of the Gabriel deal which was for a similar amount.

I realise priorities change due to our injuries but if the money was there all this time, you’d think we’d have stuck to our guns and got our first choice when we clearly had the chance.

Just a thought but confident Carlo knows his stuff and Godfrey will be another quality signing.

Not wanting to take away from all the positivity on here but if we have the money to pay 25m for Godfrey then why did we pull out of the Gabriel deal which was for a similar amount.

I realise priorities change due to our injuries but if the money was there all this time, you’d think we’d have stuck to our guns and got our first choice when we clearly had the chance.

Just a thought but confident Carlo knows his stuff and Godfrey will be another quality signing.
Probably because of this

“There is a key question when you talk to a player: do you really want to come?” the Everton manager said as he sat along from Rodríguez at Finch Farm on Thursday. “There are some that say yes and others that say: ‘Maybe … I have to think about this.’ These three players we signed simply answered yes, full stop. I want to have players that have a desire to come to this club. The player that doesn’t have this desire, we move on. These three players said yes, simple answer.”

I think we pulled out when other teams started sniffing about and it was clear he wasn’t coming.

Judging by Ancelottis comments a few weeks back (I only want players who want to play for Everton) I'd say Gabriel was hanging fire for a different club so we pulled out of the deal.

Starting to think the same with Juve linked for Kean and Southampton for Davies, I think Sandro will go before the widow shuts as well, 4 teams in spain want him, on loan and Besic is being linked with a move to Glasgow Rangers.

Stories saying we are "looking to offload" Walcott and Bolasie, not exactly new news, but no clubs being linked, they will probably go on loan somewhere. If they do I hope we get another RW in.
I'm disappointed it's not worked out for him. He could learn a lot from Allan. He'll beast it in Scotland though I think!

I don't understand what they're doing, they're planning so short term by offloading someone like him
I don't think they wanted to offload him at all. However needs must and they need to recoup the big fees they've laid out this summer.

If you look at how klopp deals with young talent, I think it's quite simple to see who he rates and who he wants to sell.

If you're sent out on loan you're not good enough and up for sale. If he thinks you're good enough he keeps you at the club around the first team. With them being in 4 competition a season and klopp only using a squad of around 18 core players. That's more then enough game time for the young up and coming talents to keep around his squad.

I've never understood the hype around Brewster. The lad has literally done nothing of note in his so far short career. Just another player hyped up to death by the media for no other reason then he is at Liverpool fc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back