Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to take away from all the positivity on here but if we have the money to pay 25m for Godfrey then why did we pull out of the Gabriel deal which was for a similar amount.

I realise priorities change due to our injuries but if the money was there all this time, you’d think we’d have stuck to our guns and got our first choice when we clearly had the chance.

Just a thought but confident Carlo knows his stuff and Godfrey will be another quality signing.
Who said we didn't? Maybe Gabriel had a girlfriend who fancied London. Sadly, and inexplicably to me because its the very last place on earth I want to spend time in) that's a big factor it seems.

Carlo
Not wanting to take away from all the positivity on here but if we have the money to pay 25m for Godfrey then why did we pull out of the Gabriel deal which was for a similar amount.

I realise priorities change due to our injuries but if the money was there all this time, you’d think we’d have stuck to our guns and got our first choice when we clearly had the chance.

Just a thought but confident Carlo knows his stuff and Godfrey will be another quality signing.
Carlo said he wanted players who want to play for Everton. Gabriel wanted to see what other teams would offer. I'm with Carlo

Probably because of this

“There is a key question when you talk to a player: do you really want to come?” the Everton manager said as he sat along from Rodríguez at Finch Farm on Thursday. “There are some that say yes and others that say: ‘Maybe … I have to think about this.’ These three players we signed simply answered yes, full stop. I want to have players that have a desire to come to this club. The player that doesn’t have this desire, we move on. These three players said yes, simple answer.”
No messing ,no bull ,you either want to sign or koff

Whilst looking thorugh the Brazil squad to see if Richarlison has been picked for their WC qualifier squad (he has, BTW) I noticed:

1) Everton has been picked, and he now plays for Benfica... we knew this, this was not a big deal...
2) There is a goalie called 'Wéverton'
3) There is a midfielder called 'Éverton Ribeiro'

Dear Marcel...

If you look at how klopp deals with young talent, I think it's quite simple to see who he rates and who he wants to sell.

If you're sent out on loan you're not good enough and up for sale. If he thinks you're good enough he keeps you at the club around the first team. With them being in 4 competition a season and klopp only using a squad of around 18 core players. That's more then enough game time for the young up and coming talents to keep around his squad.

I've never understood the hype around Brewster. The lad has literally done nothing of note in his so far short career. Just another player hyped up to death by the media for no other reason then he is at Liverpool fc.

I am a big believer their players get overhyped. However a lot of the noise about Brewster is that he played in the under 17 world cup team and looked very good (alongside Sancho and Hudson Odoi & I believe Greenwood). He's also done well and scored goals at Swansea last season, which has probabaly acted as a trigger point for the deal.

Ollie Watkins has gone for about 10 million more his window having done the same last season. Some of their deals you are very wowed by, but Brewster seems a bit low if anything.

I am a big believer their players get overhyped. However a lot of the noise about Brewster is that he played in the under 17 world cup team and looked very good (alongside Sancho and Hudson Odoi & I believe Greenwood). He's also done well and scored goals at Swansea last season, which has probabaly acted as a trigger point for the deal.

Ollie Watkins has gone for about 10 million more his window having done the same last season. Some of their deals you are very wowed by, but Brewster seems a bit low if anything.

I get what you mean but the lad has played 26 first team appearances in his career (22 in the championship) at the age of 20 that's nothing. How do teams buying him even know what their getting from the player.

Tbf Dowell looks boss for half a season in the championship.

We won't know about the lad till he get a chance in the prem but my guess is at the best he'll be nothing more then a average player. Personally think he'll be back in the championship within 3 years.

I get what you mean but the lad has played 26 first team appearances in his career (22 in the championship) at the age of 20 that's nothing. How do teams buying him even know what their getting from the player.

Tbf Dowell looks boss for half a season in the championship.

We won't know about the lad till he get a chance in the prem but my guess is at the best he'll be nothing more then a average player. Personally think he'll be back in the championship within 3 years.

Thats all fair enough mate. I agree with a lot of what you're sayng too. Dowell looked brilliant for Wigan, but terrible for Derby and is 2-3 years older than Brewster.

It's not a lot to go on, but 17 million rising to 23 is fairly going rate for a 20 year old who's scored a few in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back