Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see us going for lorente, doesn’t suit how we play at all. Rather toshun play

I've not been Tosuns biggest fan, but do you think he could do a job as back up in this team? They are all playing with such confidence and creating lots of chances. He works hard if nothing else, and seemed like a decent finisher. DCL has been much more focused on doing his work in and around the 18yb, so could suit Tosun as a back up if we can't move him on. Any big name isnt going to wnt to play second fiddle to DCL.

I think anyone we bring in should be back up for Richarlison. Someone who can play up top, wide or deep, and likes to attack direct at pace.

I was told over a month ago that the club were hopeful of getting in Rod, Allan And Doucoure, and that Carlo also wanted Josh King. So I reckon given the way things have turned out it will be mr king who joins tomorrow. God knows where we're getting the money from like

isn't that the point? He's someone we lob off from the bench when we're chasing a game or looking for a winner hoping to get one in from his noggin.
Rather a like for like with richy and Dom so we don’t have to change how we play if either get injured. Also he doesn’t actually score anymore, if we need to go full grock I’d rather throw Keane or Mina up front for the last few minutes.

Think both players, or any ST coming in, would be an alternative for Dom in the role of "don't leave the box, score your tap ins".
Yeah I'm sure you're right. Just wishful thinking on my part. There's a big skill deficit in wingers and I can't see us bringing 2 players in so having one player who can cover both roles is next best

I think I'm probably in the large minority of people that thinks Josh King would be a decent signing. While he's not going to win us the league, he's good cover for the front three. He's fast, strong, skilful and, like most footballers, better than Theo Walcott.
He’d be a decent option off the bench. Not going to improve the first team but would add depth I guess. Not massively keen on signing him but I suppose they can’t all be James type signings.

I think I'm probably in the large minority of people that thinks Josh King would be a decent signing. While he's not going to win us the league, he's good cover for the front three. He's fast, strong, skilful and, like most footballers, better than Theo Walcott.
I think he’s smart business. Low fee, scored double figures pretty much every season for a crap team perfect off the bench for DCL after 60+ minutes and capable of starting and influencing the odd game (especially if we get to Europe).

Makes way more sense than having a stagnating and not very good yet Kean as backup considering the minutes and game time the number 2 will be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back