Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think King would be a sensible signing as he can play up top through the middle or out wide. He is strong and reasonably quick. However, I still believe we need to bring in a proper pacey winger too. If we move on Bolasie and Walcott, it is a possibility. Get those 2 positions sorted and a GK like Romero for short term and we are looking good.

I think Mason or Godfrey could fill in at RB if needed.

I'm sorry mate, I don't rate him and don't think he's what we should be targeting if we are trying to step up, it's a mid table signing.
True. I think as a collective we can feel it in terms of who may add value. We never felt Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Walcott or Tosun and actually came about that way. Yes there are exceptions but I feel now we've got to sign players that will render us excited or at least have a feeling it can work. We need a complete mood and mental change at this club and recent signings (that we were mostly on board and happy with) reflect that. So no, Kosh King aiuld be underwhelming and can't see him taking us to another level.

Jesus! I knew nothing about Lössl & just assumed he’s a kid.

He’s 31 !!!!! & a Danish international FFS!

If he’s not deemed good enough to replace Pickford, then our keeper options are worse than I thought.
Think it's more Ancelotti trying the arm around the shoulder approach on Pickford, but surely he's running out of patience.

You have to question those advising Keane. Surely he needs to go somewhere he will get plenty of game time
absolutely. Why even engineer the move from Juve in the first place. they didn't want to lose him. And now, let's fix him up with even less game time than he had at Everton. Madness.

Hard to imagine Kean getting regular time to play at PSG. If this was about a loan to get him trained up elsewhere, he would be going out to a weaker club with an obvious spot for him to play. I also doubt he ever plays with Everton again.

If kean is going i feel like we either need a mobile forward to come in on loan or replace him or a target man type player.

Definitely need to bring in a forward player of some kind.

I'd like to bring in another striker who can offer something different than Calvert-Lewin. To me, Llorente and Milik are more or less like-for-like replacements.

Someone with the attributes of Rodrigo at Leeds would be ideal. There'll be times where Rodriguez isn't on the pitch, and there'll be a need for the striker to drop deep and make things happen.

Oh, and a new goalkeeper please.

Well in theory Kean offered something different to DCL but couldn't get a kick

Milik would be brilliant, a good like-for-like option for DCL. Loan with option to buy. Another wizard left-foot in the team!

Why is he being offered by Napoli? Similar Allan style fall-out with Gattuso?

You have to question those advising Keane. Surely he needs to go somewhere he will get plenty of game time
Just what I was thinking.
If he's leaving us because he hates it in England then that's fine, we just have to accept that.
But if he's leaving us to get more game time (which is the media line I believe with the upcoming Euros) then I don't understand him going there.
He's going from being back up to DCL to back up to Mbappe!!!
Now I know DCL is on fire but surely he's got more chance up against him than Mbappe?!!
If he genuinely wants game time he needs to go to a club where he could start regularly.

I just dont think it improves the squad myself mate. Im really dissapointed in Everton here, i know there is likely more to the decision making but it looks a poor deal to me.
For me in 2020 Milik is a better player than Moise Kean. I'd obviously like us to make some decisions with an eye beyond 2020, especially when it comes to squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back