Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the EFL window open a couple more weeks I can see the following leave

Lossl

Virginia

Bolaise

Besic

Tosun (assuming he’s fit enough to leave and we can get in King maybe)

Pennington

Branthwaite loan.

If we can get those guys out that would be incredible work this summer.

Portuguese and Dutch transfer window close tonight so possibly someone could move to one of them.

I’ve only seen a few glimpses of Brentford. Very impressed with the bits I saw.

Seem to remember a really rapid right back & a rapid winger. Both looked fantastic.

Did I just catch them on a good day?
Could it have been the same player bombing everywhere?
Or did I just imagine the lot of it?
Am I about to wake up to find Hamez was a dream & we’re bottom???

PS, if we did raid Brentford, would be a perfect home for Yannick to kickstart his career...

The problem is the depth is all lop sided - an injury to DCL or James and their natural replacements are a half fit Tosun & Iwobi out of position.

We wouldn't sell Kenny and not bring in another RB just because Holgate/Godfrey/Davies can play RB so why do it with the forward options?

Dont get me wrong if we pull someone like King or Sarr out the hat if a few more go out on loan then its been great but I dont see how its not a rational argument to suggest not bringing in another forward has left us threadbare up top certainly in terms of quality replacements.

Gordon can cover either flank also. First choice is James Richarlison, Iwobi and Gordon second choice. Bernard and Siggurdson at a push.

A lesson learned in this window is not to stall whilst waiting on a loan from one of the "top six" clubs.

Chelsea had no intention of sending Tomori to us, nor did Utd with Romero.

I'm sure we made reasonable offers, but in these situations, the intention is not just to not let you have their player, but to mess you about sufficiently enough in the process, that you don't get anyone at all for the position.

Romero's treatment in particular is very shabby, and I'm not keen on Olsen, but at least we did not let these clubs manipulate us to no end this year.

Your whole argument is based on a reasonably unlikely "what if", though, mate. Carlo is getting tunes out of players that weren't worth a carrot last year so "what if" Iwobi comes good on the right? "What if" he gets Bernard and/or Gordon up to speed to the extent that he trusts them beyond the cup?

A world-class coach improving his squad options by training rather than just buying new players is a far more likely scenario than yours.

Plus, as others have said, we could well pick up options from lower leagues if his inclination IS to buy.

If we were happy with 7-8th then Iwobi on the right is fine.

If we are serious about challenging for top 4 then it isnt. Same way replacing Coleman with Davies at RB for a few weeks wouldnt be.

The whole advantage we had over our rivals was not having Europe so even with injuries our squad could cope and still put out an 11 of quality - we can still do that in defence and to an extent midfield and on the left, but no one is fooling me that we have a credible rotation/goal scoring option to replace DCL/James as we dont.

Its not all about injuries either - they'll be tight games that are 1-1 and we need someone off the bench to nick a winning goal or change a game for us - who do we have that can do that? Tosun? We wont be winning games by 4 goals every week sometimes you need an Origi, Giroud etc who can nick you a winning goal.

A lesson learned in this window is not to stall whilst waiting on a loan from one of the "top six" clubs.

I'm sure we made reasonable offers, but in these situations, the intention is not just to not let you have their player, but to mess you about sufficiently enough in the process, that you don't get anyone at all for the position.

Romero's treatment in particular is very shabby, and I'm not keen on Olsen, but at least we did not let these clubs manipulate us to no end this year.

Right now, I'm failing to see any of the top 6 we should be loaning from. Even city's squad is now so thin they don't have great players not getting much game time.

The rest have a handful of players I'd only want to buy because they're their better players. Hopefully we leave that business trait behind now.

Tbh id rather we had just left the GK thing, if we were going to bring someone in then we should have do it properly earlier on in the window rather than scramble around on the final day looking for someone. It's not like Pickford has only just started being a problem is it. I'm not impressed either with the Olsen move and would hope (as it seems) it's just a filler and we make a proper move for a new keeper next summer.

We play with 3 attacking players

Richarlison DCL James

Iwobi covers Richarlison

an 80% fit Tosun whos crap covers DCL

We have no natural right sided player who covers James

You can dress it up as much as you like but we are short up top and are relying on no key injuries otherwise its chopping around with much less quality.

Last season Liverpool won the league with Mane, Salah and Firmino playing 90% of their games. They'd have struggled with injuries to 2 or 3 of those as their back up players are nowhere near the same quality.

Like others have said any team would struggle with key players being injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back