Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a backup on a one year deal I'd say yes in that it's cheap and better than nobody. I'd prefer somebody much better though
Of course but if we're not willing to spend that much then I don't think it's that bad, He'll only be used if DCL/Richarlison and even then Tosun might get in before him.

And then have a problem trying to shift him next summer when we realize we need better back up
Ermm no. We sign him we'll be in Europe as our squad has enough depth everywhere to qualify and enough quality in the starting 11 - Pickford aside - to do so.

If we are in Europe, King is still a useful squad player and we could still bring in talented players ahead of him next summer.

Our problem is that we have too many players who were expensive who contribute nothing. King will contribute.

Just ask yourself this - If we are in this scenario: Richie is out injured, Dom picks up a knock in a game. We bring on . . .

Simms? Very risky. Tosun? May as well use the season ticket ballot to select a fan.

I’ve only seen a few glimpses of Brentford. Very impressed with the bits I saw.

Seem to remember a really rapid right back & a rapid winger. Both looked fantastic.

Did I just catch them on a good day?
Could it have been the same player bombing everywhere?
Or did I just imagine the lot of it?
Am I about to wake up to find Hamez was a dream & we’re bottom???

PS, if we did raid Brentford, would be a perfect home for Yannick to kickstart his career...
I think Brentford are better at decision making than that

Last season Liverpool won the league with Mane, Salah and Firmino playing 90% of their games. They'd have struggled with injuries to 2 or 3 of those as their back up players are nowhere near the same quality.

Like others have said any team would struggle with key players being injured.

Liverpool are roidheads

We cant go a few weeks without picking up about 10 injuries

Its not the same thing mate.

And even then they have someone like Origi they can throw off the bench who can nick them a goal - look at the derby, CL final etc we have Tosun.

Ermm no. We sign him we'll be in Europe as our squad has enough depth everywhere to qualify and enough quality in the starting 11 - Pickford aside - to do so.

If we are in Europe, King is still a useful squad player and we could still bring in talented players ahead of him next summer.

Our problem is that we have too many players who were expensive who contribute nothing. King will contribute.

Just ask yourself this - If we are in this scenario: Richie is out injured, Dom picks up a knock in a game. We bring on . . .

Simms? Very risky. Tosun? May as well use the season ticket ballot to select a fan.
Had Tosun not been injured he probably wouldn't still be here. But seeing as he is, he deserves the same opportunities that Bernard, Iwobi, Siggy and Delph had to improve with better players around him.

I’ve only seen a few glimpses of Brentford. Very impressed with the bits I saw.

Seem to remember a really rapid right back & a rapid winger. Both looked fantastic.

Did I just catch them on a good day?
Could it have been the same player bombing everywhere?
Or did I just imagine the lot of it?
Am I about to wake up to find Hamez was a dream & we’re bottom???

PS, if we did raid Brentford, would be a perfect home for Yannick to kickstart his career...

Brentford have a decent 'keeper too

It's the arrogant authority which he tries to project that is sickening.

He doesn't have the actual figures, he just uses the public numbers, which can be incredibly unreliable. Some are still reporting we paid £25mil for James, others that it was a free. His data is all speculative, yet he presents as if it has been audited by PWC. Give it a break, son!
Agreed.
At best his work is a series of educated guess and does not have access to the plans of Moshiri and his financial people.

I see no harm in him pointing out the tight financial position we, and every other club, are but but hopefully this may teach him there are better and more capable financial minds than his at the club.

If we were happy with 7-8th then Iwobi on the right is fine.

If we are serious about challenging for top 4 then it isnt. Same way replacing Coleman with Davies at RB for a few weeks wouldnt be.

The whole advantage we had over our rivals was not having Europe so even with injuries our squad could cope and still put out an 11 of quality - we can still do that in defence and to an extent midfield and on the left, but no one is fooling me that we have a credible rotation/goal scoring option to replace DCL/James as we dont.

Its not all about injuries either - they'll be tight games that are 1-1 and we need someone off the bench to nick a winning goal or change a game for us - who do we have that can do that? Tosun? We wont be winning games by 4 goals every week sometimes you need an Origi, Giroud etc who can nick you a winning goal.
I think our new CB can play RB?

We won the transfer window according to SSN phone in. 4.3 out of 5. Spurs next best with 3.7.

Paul Robinson gave us a 5
For Spurs it will depend very much on Bale...if the guy is going to be a sick note then thats an expensive mistake for them...on the contrary if he starts playing consistently and is injury free for most of the season then spurs will do very well indeed.

It's the arrogant authority which he tries to project that is sickening.

He doesn't have the actual figures, he just uses the public numbers, which can be incredibly unreliable. Some are still reporting we paid £25mil for James, others that it was a free. His data is all speculative, yet he presents as if it has been audited by PWC. Give it a break, son!
So, what was the James deal? I don't know what to believe.

The problem is the depth is all lop sided - an injury to DCL or James and their natural replacements are a half fit Tosun & Iwobi out of position.

We wouldn't sell Kenny and not bring in another RB just because Holgate/Godfrey/Davies can play RB so why do it with the forward options?

Dont get me wrong if we pull someone like King or Sarr out the hat if a few more go out on loan then its been great but I dont see how its not a rational argument to suggest not bringing in another forward has left us threadbare up top certainly in terms of quality replacements.
Its signing players like Josh King on 3 year deals who will not be good enough for the squad next season ,that has us where we are today

Iwobi covers James, since, you know he has done a few times already this season.
Iwobi is one poor player though. We'll quickly be disappointed with him as previous. I feel those assists he got bs Brighton were a one off. We'll have to see. I'd rather Gordon be the cover

And by signing King on a 3 or 4 year deal it stops us bringing in another CF of similar quality to DCL as a rotation option next season
A lot of our current squad will be gone over the next 2 or 3 years and will be replaced by higher quality options
At the moment we have too many holes in our first 11 to fill without worrying about spending money on squad players
We have loads of squad players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back