Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely astonished at the negativity in here.

We are top of the league playing great football and scoring plenty of goals. Our team has literally been transformed in 2 months. DCL is now one of the hotest properties in football and even players like Delph , Sigurdsson and Davies seem to have got the message and are making contributions.

The window was tremendous for us we have brought in 4 quality players and an international goalkeeper. Edit ..sorry 5 I forgot Niels

We have also got rid of 4 high earners who contributed nothing with the prospect of a few more outgoings in the next 2 weeks.

Yes , the Kean move has left us a bit short of cover in attack but we are only playing 1 game a week between now and January , we could still sign a Championship player and to console those transfer junkies the next window opens in 13 weeks in any event.

I know Pickford gives us palpatations and must be replaced but bloody hell Rome wasn't built in a day.

Just enjoy it , after all it could be worse , you could be supporting West Ham.

We are top of the league playing great football and scoring plenty of goals. Our team has literally been transformed in 2 months. DCL is now one of the hotest properties in football and even players like Delph , Sigurdsson and Davies seem to have got the message and are making contributions.

The window was tremendous for us we have brought in 4 quality players and an international goalkeeper.

We have also got rid of 4 high earners who contributed nothing with the prospect of a few more outgoings in the next 2 weeks.

Yes , the Kean move has left us a bit short of cover in attack but we are only playing 1 game a week between now and January , we could still sign a Championship player and to console those transfer junkies the next window opens in 13 weeks in any event.

I know Pickford gives us palpatations and must be replaced but bloody hell Rome wasn't built in a day.

Broadly agree with this - on the whole it has been fantastic. On Kean, if Ancelotti thinks on balance it is better for him to go and play for PSG, that suggests he's confident in what he has, otherwise Kean would still be here.

The negativity comes from the delusion of some fans - since we signed James some people have been kidding themselves that we still have a wedge to spend and we're going to splash out on somebody like Zaha. Even for us, there are certain financial realities that can't be avoided.

The window was tremendous for us we have brought in 4 quality players and an international goalkeeper. Edit ..sorry 5 I forgot Niels

I feel like riding into battle after reading that.It is beautiful and inspiring.

It has been our best window for some time, great players in and a good bit of deadwood off the payroll.

For me there is no doubt those class players we signed were pointed out by Carlo, ( he knows them well) and Marcel was told to get them signed which was his part of the business. AS for the likes of Branthwaite and Niels I think Marcel pointed them and Carlo agreed so Marcel got on with the signing. It has been on the face of it a good working partnership[ for which we should be grateful. WE did not mange to offload all unwanted players, Rangers pulled out of Besic, and Bernard did not go to Roma on a 7mill deal because their window closed quite early. Carlo has said Bernard is wanted.

It has been our best window for some time, great players in and a good bit of deadwood off the payroll.

For me there is no doubt those class players we signed were pointed out by Carlo, ( he knows them well) and Marcel was told to get them signed which was his part of the business. AS for the likes of Branthwaite and Niels I think Marcel pointed them and Carlo agreed so Marcel got on with the signing. It has been on the face of it a good working partnership[ for which we should be grateful. WE did not mange to offload all unwanted players, Rangers pulled out of Besic, and Bernard did not go to Roma on a 7mill deal because their window closed quite early. Carlo has said Bernard is wanted.

I like Bernard, but 7m for him would have been decent business. Would like to see a few players discarded to the championship in the next week or two

People want the moon on a stick. They don't consider budgets or whether a decent striker would want to come here and be in the exact same position as Kean.

If Kean has a good year in Paris and is ready to come back and play then we are just a right back and a goalkeeper from having the best Everton team in generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back