Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarr and Nkounkou are free transfers so better to get them done as quick as possible ;-) I know Nice are after Nkounkou and offered a contract but reckon he d not sign to local rival of Marseille if better option ;-) French wages are'nt as poor now as before as money has come into league since PSG got their Qatar money due to tv deals and sponsorship of the leagues also ;-) But except for PSG, Monaco and Marseille , the top players would at most be hitting 50 or 60 thousand euros a week and higher taxes than in UK as France you get taxed on homes etc too so if their on 50 thousand euros, throw 60 thousand sterling at them and thats a nice pay rise ;-)
What you think about sarr would he be a good signing

There are 2 issues at play here though, Everton and the other clubs.

Conventionally, Everton would be on the drink of insolvency in a conventional sense. However I don't think Moshiri is concerned, he is not doing this to be profitable with Everton. If he was, he has to sell Richarlinson for 85+m in January (looking back we should have sold knowing what we do now!). Without Moshiri, we aren't having these conversations. I'm essentially predicting an awful situation for us where we have to sell players and replace from within. However with Moshiri's liquidity we potentially stand a good chance of being liquid in a buyers market.

As for other teams, logically yes, you just hold out and don't sell. I think it's what we do with our players. No doubt some teams will do this. In a lot of ways though, it's just exacerbates the wider problems of not enough trading being done. Unfortunately, outside the bubble of the PL many sides are required to have to sell to survive and keep the liquidity going. Their model requires them to have to sell, mainly to England to afford the running of their clubs. It sounds very alien to us in England with a big TV deal, but in honesty, up until about 5 or 6 years ago (think John Stones saga being a turning point) that was our world. We had to sell, every 2-3 years a big asset to keep buying and paying wages. When we spent more we just sold more frequently.

That is the world for some teams, and they are going to find, that there are 75%, maybe even 90% less buyers than they had 6 months ago. Fine you sit on the asset, but for a lot of clubs it's going to mean you go into administration (that may allow players to walk away for free). Thats before you factor in loss of revenues from Covid. They are going to try to be selling in a plunging market.

So there is a lot of options. I don't think we are as wide and wild as Zat suggests, as Brands is very targeted, but our targets will likely have been upgraded if we can keep the same budget.

Sorry I stopped reading when you say in hindsight you'd have sold Richarlison in Jan.

The one good thing about the young lads from France we are being linked with is they all are down to earth, team players who are'nt causing issues media wise etc ;-) We seem to be staying well away from the Nasri type mentality idiots ;-)

How do you come to that conclusion?

Businesses far bigger than any football club are going bust left right and centre. Thats how.

Imagine any football club having zero income, (other than some shirts and some key rings) until 2022, but having salary contracts in the £100's of million a year to pay.

Reckon thats pretty dodgy ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back