Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellingham isn't going anywhere now.
Camavinga said he'd stay at Rennes if they get into CL next season which they will.
Tonali far too expensive even post-COVID

We defintely won't be signing anyone for £25m so you can temper your hopes down there.

Bellingham can go anywhere, hes 17 in June...he'll be off.

Camavinga likely wont have much of a choice...for multiple reasons.

Youve then posted £25mil wont be spent on a player yet stated Tonali will be far too expensive.

Mystified.

??????

You gave an example of what kinda business you think we should do: £25m signings of players like Bellingham, Camavinga, Tonali etc. working it around the fact maybe clubs will worry this is the most they can get for them post-COVID.

I say we won't be spending £25m on a player.

Then you question where £25m comes from?! Worry about your brain sometimes honest.

lol lol lol

Youve had a nightmare here.

Sure but I'm referring to a post-COVID transfer market which has been hinted at by many clubs already to be pretty low-key.

I think the most notable comment came from the notorious mingebag, Daniel Levy. I’m sure he wishes that the transfer market would return to 2005 levels, but it’s wishful thinking, as competition amongst the top clubs isn’t going anywhere.

Struggling clubs may be forced to sell assets at a slightly cheaper rate. The stronger clubs will simply just take advantage of that. I think we are in a position to be one of those stronger clubs.

I think the most notable comment came from the notorious mingebag, Daniel Levy. I’m sure he wishes that the transfer market would return to 2005 levels, but it’s wishful thinking, as competition amongst the top clubs isn’t going anywhere.

Struggling clubs may be forced to sell assets at a slightly cheaper rate. The stronger clubs will simply just take advantage of that. I think we are in a position to be one of those stronger clubs.

Levy is a shrewd chairman and he'll know more than most. Lots of comments in European leagues are talking like they won't have much to spend even Bayern.

Levy is a shrewd chairman and he'll know more than most. Lots of comments in European leagues are talking like they won't have much to spend even Bayern.

Levy has been a mingebag over the past two years whilst everyone else has been blowing their load, even following Spurs’ massive CL revenues.

Granted, they may have serious debt commitments with the stadium. But Daniel Levy is quite simply the king of mingebags, and he won’t be setting the tone of the transfer market.

Levy has been a mingebag over the past two years whilst everyone else has been blowing their load, even following Spurs’ massive CL revenues.

Granted, they may have serious debt commitments with the stadium. But Daniel Levy is quite simply the king of mingebags, and he won’t be setting the tone of the transfer market.

That's literally the well known reason they hadn't spent much till last Summer when they spent £130m (3rd highest in the league).

No, I don't think we'll spend £25m on one player. Hardly rocket science to notice that's what I was referring to. Why do people suddenly think we'll be lavish in the next window.

It’s because our owners have access to massive cash reserves. They will be able choose how they react to any down turn in the market, but their choices won’t be forced upon them because we aren’t struggling when it comes to cash.

They will either hide behind the health crisis excuse, or they will see it as an opportunity to take advantage of what will be favourable conditions for non-struggling clubs.

The prem remains in its own little bubble that is awash with cash!

It’s because our owners have access to massive cash reserves. They will be able choose how they react to any down turn in the market, but their choices won’t be forced upon them because we aren’t struggling when it comes to cash.

They will either hide behind the health crisis excuse, or they will see it as an opportunity to take advantage of what will be favourable conditions for non-struggling clubs.

The prem remains in its own little bubble that is awash with cash!

That depends how much you believe Usmanov is involved. Don't underestimate the financial casualties coming out of this virus. We might have some money but Mosh has already ploughed lots into us, our wage turnover is insane and we still aren't in a pretty place going into the new stadium. The AGM was very telling.

Also to the point in bold: yes, when matches are on TV.

No, I don't think we'll spend £25m on one player. Hardly rocket science to notice that's what I was referring to. Why do people suddenly think we'll be lavish in the next window.

Well, people who dont write that others have been "dropped on their head" at birth seem to have more of a concept of this than those who do.

Doesnt take a "rocket scientist" to understand the simple principles of why a multi billionaire with enormous backing would want to take advantage of a down market...

Or in your case...perhaps it may do lol

Anyway, this is the transfer thread...

@ParisToffee what do you think of Camavinga? Some think he'll become world class and others believe hes overrated :o

That depends how much you believe Usmanov is involved. Don't underestimate the financial casualties coming out of this virus. We might have some money but Mosh has already ploughed lots into us, our wage turnover is insane and we still aren't in a pretty place going into the new stadium. The AGM was very telling.

Also to the point in bold: yes, when matches are on TV.

Fair enough, we will see. I’d be very disappointed if we used the health crisis as an excuse to return to Kenwright era expenditure levels.

I think now is the time to go for it. Use our money to take advantage of clubs that will be struggling in other countries.

Well, people who dont write that others have been "dropped on their head" at birth seem to have more of a concept of this than those who do.

Doesnt take a "rocket scientist" to understand the simple principles of why a multi billionaire with enormous backing would want to take advantage of a down market...

Or in your case...perhaps it may do lol

Anyway, this is the transfer thread...

@ParisToffee what do you think of Camavinga? Some think he'll become world class and others believe hes overrated :eek:

You maybe want to watch the AGM back again, account for a huge chunk of lost TV money, factor in that a lot of clubs will not feel the need to sell their assets in a poor market & remind yourself we still have some huge draining contracts on the books before thinking we're going to come out swinging here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back