Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In truth I think we wait on signings. Brands has done it before, and I suspect the market will decline and that decline will accelerate as we get further into the summer. It may end up being a bit of a rout, dependant on how the summer progresses. It makes sense to wait it out, and see where we are come August in a lot of cases.

I think we have essentially 3 broad approaches in the window.
1) Players who are more experienced and fit Ancleotti's immediate needs
2) Continuing the signing of the existing strategy under Brands- of targeting good young players ready to come in
3) The longer term plan of signing lads 18 and under. We have seen someone linked from Barcelona, the Italian left back in January, the Veron bid in South America etc.

I think the quality in option 2 will go up. We have a better manager and are better positioned now. Brands knows what he's doing and can probably focus more on 2 & 3 and know Ancelotti is a good judge for 1. I don't think he will want to go ,ad with 1, but maybe we get 1 or 2 in.
Sarr and Nkounkou are free transfers so better to get them done as quick as possible ;-) I know Nice are after Nkounkou and offered a contract but reckon he d not sign to local rival of Marseille if better option ;-) French wages are'nt as poor now as before as money has come into league since PSG got their Qatar money due to tv deals and sponsorship of the leagues also ;-) But except for PSG, Monaco and Marseille , the top players would at most be hitting 50 or 60 thousand euros a week and higher taxes than in UK as France you get taxed on homes etc too so if their on 50 thousand euros, throw 60 thousand sterling at them and thats a nice pay rise ;-)

Theres 2 ways to look at this situation.

1: Wait until the prices drop.

2: Work on the current fear.

If you look at say Bellingham at Birmingham, Camavinga at Rennes or Tonali at Brescia they are young and two of them the best players at their clubs.

They could be expecting to sell this summer and generate big money.

In Rennes/Birminghams position what do you do if a £25mil bid comes in for their player? Hold out and hope the market doesnt drop or sell now knowing that the money guarantees you can operate without fear?

We could put a lump down e.g £15mil and then the rest on staggered payments + success based incentives.

If it was me, id be looking at a couple of fear based deals and hold off on the rest.

Theres 2 ways to look at this situation.

1: Wait until the prices drop.

2: Work on the current fear.

If you look at say Bellingham at Birmingham, Camavinga at Rennes or Tonali at Brescia they are young and two of them the best players at their clubs.

They could be expecting to sell this summer and generate big money.

In Rennes/Birminghams position what do you do if a £25mil bid comes in for their player? Hold out and hope the market doesnt drop or sell now knowing that the money guarantees you can operate without fear?

We could put a lump down e.g £15mil and then the rest on staggered payments + success based incentives.

If it was me, id be looking at a couple of fear based deals and hold off on the rest.

Bellingham isn't going anywhere now.
Camavinga said he'd stay at Rennes if they get into CL next season which they will.
Tonali far too expensive even post-COVID

We defintely won't be signing anyone for £25m so you can temper your hopes down there.

Yes because every Summer we have a world health crisis.

Evertonian predictions of low-level spending have been constant without a world wide health crisis. They have been proven wrong every time.

The effects of the health crisis are yet to be seen. It could result in struggling clubs selling assets at lower prices, but I don’t see stable clubs with access to massive cash resources restricting their expenditure to Kenwright austerity levels.

The Gabriel transfer alone would require a 30 million pound fee.

The Premier League lives in a massive bubble that is at complete odds with the rest of reality.

Bellingham isn't going anywhere now.
Camavinga said he'd stay at Rennes if they get into CL next season which they will.
Tonali far too expensive even post-COVID

We defintely won't be signing anyone for £25m so you can temper your hopes down there.

£25mil ? what are you talking about?

Evertonian predictions of low-level spending have been constant without a world wide health crisis. They have been proven wrong every time.

The effects of the health crisis are yet to be seen. It could result in struggling clubs selling assets at lower prices, but I don’t see stable clubs with access to massive cash resources restricting their expenditure to Kenwright austerity levels.

The Gabriel transfer alone would require a 30 million pound fee.

The Premier League lives in a massive bubble that is at complete odds with the rest of reality.

Which is why it isn't happening.

£25mil ? what are you talking about?

Which is why it isn't happening.

Not because we can’t afford him, but because the player will choose another club that will pay the 30 million fee instead.

Competition isn’t going anywhere. The prem will remain as competitive as ever. We aren’t going to return to Kenwright levels of expenditure, and we would be in serious trouble if we did.

We are in a strong and stable position. We could be one of the clubs that really takes advantage of the crisis.

Maybe because someone else will pay the money instead. Competition isn’t going anywhere. The prem will remain as competitive as ever. We aren’t going to return to Kenwright levels of expenditure, and we would be in serious trouble if we did.

We are in a strong and stable position. We could be one of the clubs that really takes advantage of the crisis.

I think you'll be in for a shock at what business, if any, a club does this summer.

I think you'll be in for a shock at what business, if any, a club does this summer.

Fair enough, we will see. I’m just saying that we have been hearing this for years, and that I personally think we are in a position to take advantage of struggling clubs.

Ive also long since held the opinion that Evertonians have a habit of making the club’s excuses up for them, normally in advance of the excuses being made.

Im hoping that Moshiri and Usmanov maintain their ambitions and don’t jump to making excuses at the first opportunity.

Fair enough, we will see. I’m just saying that we have been hearing this for years, and that I personally think we are in a position to take advantage of struggling clubs.

Ive also long since held the opinion that Evertonians have a habit of making the clubs excuses up for them, normally in advance of the excuses being made.

Im hoping that Moshiri and Usmanov maintain their ambitions and don’t jump to making excuses at the first opportunity.

Sure but I'm referring to a post-COVID transfer market which has been hinted at by many clubs already to be pretty low-key.

No idea why youve posted we wont sign anyone for £25mil. Then highlighted a price ive put on someone when i asked what you were on about...

Ive also long since held the opinion that Evertonians have a habit of making the club’s excuses up for them, normally in advance of the excuses being made.

Moshiri and Usmanov could be massively increasing their wealth during the pandemic.

Id be shocked if they came out of this any weaker.

No idea why youve posted we wont sign anyone for £25mil. Then highlighted a price ive put on someone when i asked what you were on about...

??????

You gave an example of what kinda business you think we should do: £25m signings of players like Bellingham, Camavinga, Tonali etc. working it around the fact maybe clubs will worry this is the most they can get for them post-COVID.

I say we won't be spending £25m on a player.

Then you question where £25m comes from?! Worry about your brain sometimes honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back