Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrahima Diallo DM / Brest
Niels Nkounkou LB / Marseille
Malang Sarr CB LB / Nice
Jean-Clair Todibo CB / Barcelona
Gabriel CB / Lille

Seems like were really focused on French or French league defensive types this summer...

I think Brands was scouting the French youth league quite a bit, so it makes sense. We are also looking at a Barca youth under 16. Clearly he is trying to build from the ground up.

Ryan Fraser on a free, James Rodrigues permanent and bale on loan if that fails we go for Scott Fraser from Burton Albion, jay rodriguez from Burnley and Christian bale as USA Everton ambassador

And more importantly youngish and wages not as insane compared to british players ;-)
2 would be free transfers too ;-)
I think Brands was scouting the French youth league quite a bit, so it makes sense. We are also looking at a Barca youth under 16. Clearly he is trying to build from the ground up.
....Guillem Balague says Barcelona want to sell Todibo and Everton head the queue. Everton have offered £17.7m, Barca want £22m with a buy-back clause.

We may have a unique opportunity now to bring in players who we wouldnt usually have access to.

If we stick to the strategy of building a young side then we 'should' be able to bring in players for a lot less than expected. Clubs will have u21 players who have top class potential and be more willing to sell them and keep their first teamers on the books.

Players like Todibo and Emerson walk into our squad and Barca need money. Teams in France with the season cut short could be more willing to offload their top young players and find cheap local replacements.

In Italy I think Zaniolo, Chiesa and Tonali were being spoken of as being £70mil+ sales. Offers of £40mil now may be considered.

We know Brands waited till the last minute for Mina but hopefully with Ancelotti at the helm the club is able to move a bit faster and push the boat out a little.

If we play this right we could sign several players u21 who could end up being world class.

We may have a unique opportunity now to bring in players who we wouldnt usually have access to.

If we stick to the strategy of building a young side then we 'should' be able to bring in players for a lot less than expected. Clubs will have u21 players who have top class potential and be more willing to sell them and keep their first teamers on the books.

Players like Todibo and Emerson walk into our squad and Barca need money. Teams in France with the season cut short could be more willing to offload their top young players and find cheap local replacements.

In Italy I think Zaniolo, Chiesa and Tonali were being spoken of as being £70mil+ sales. Offers of £40mil now may be considered.

We know Brands waited till the last minute for Mina but hopefully with Ancelotti at the helm the club is able to move a bit faster and push the boat out a little.

If we play this right we could sign several players u21 who could end up being world class.

In truth I think we wait on signings. Brands has done it before, and I suspect the market will decline and that decline will accelerate as we get further into the summer. It may end up being a bit of a rout, dependant on how the summer progresses. It makes sense to wait it out, and see where we are come August in a lot of cases.

I think we have essentially 3 broad approaches in the window.
1) Players who are more experienced and fit Ancleotti's immediate needs
2) Continuing the signing of the existing strategy under Brands- of targeting good young players ready to come in
3) The longer term plan of signing lads 18 and under. We have seen someone linked from Barcelona, the Italian left back in January, the Veron bid in South America etc.

I think the quality in option 2 will go up. We have a better manager and are better positioned now. Brands knows what he's doing and can probably focus more on 2 & 3 and know Ancelotti is a good judge for 1. I don't think he will want to go ,ad with 1, but maybe we get 1 or 2 in.

....Guillem Balague says Barcelona want to sell Todibo and Everton head the queue. Everton have offered £17.7m, Barca want £22m with a buy-back clause.

Put a set figure on the buy back clause of a good bit more then we have paid. We do seem to have a good relationship with Barca.

Sarr and Nkounkou are free transfers so better to get them done as quick as possible ;-) I know Nice are after Nkounkou and offered a contract but reckon he d not sign to local rival of Marseille if better option ;-) French wages are'nt as poor now as before as money has come into league since PSG got their Qatar money due to tv deals and sponsorship of the leagues also ;-) But except for PSG, Monaco and Marseille , the top players would at most be hitting 50 or 60 thousand euros a week and higher taxes than in UK as France you get taxed on homes etc too so if their on 50 thousand euros, throw 60 thousand sterling at them and thats a nice pay rise ;-)

Sarr and Nkounkou are free transfers so better to get them done as quick as possible ;-) I know Nice are after Nkounkou and offered a contract but reckon he d not sign to local rival of Marseille if better option ;-) French wages are'nt as poor now as before as money has come into league since PSG got their Qatar money due to tv deals and sponsorship of the leagues also ;-) But except for PSG, Monaco and Marseille , the top players would at most be hitting 50 or 60 thousand euros a week and higher taxes than in UK as France you get taxed on homes etc too so if their on 50 thousand euros, throw 60 thousand sterling at them and thats a nice pay rise ;-)

Nkounkou did nothing at Spurs and Burnley so no reason to bring him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back