Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The players you all mention, they did well for us, but ultimately won nothing. A few got us fourth once. It's a shortcut to a place we don't want to be. If we can't think in terms of two or three season outlooks, we put a ceiling on ourselves.

Well neither have any signing, of any age in 25 years.

Well neither have any signing, of any age in 25 years.
I know. What I look at is a transfer history with a lot of "this guy will improve us here next year" signings that don't think about anything beyond that. Maybe occasionally we do the sign Stones or DCL for a couple million and see what happens but there just isn't enough of it. So yes we could sign Allan and he would make us better next year but what is the outlook for 3 years with that signing? Or 5 years? I know people don't want to think that way but even the richest clubs have to occasionally step back and do that to be successful. City and the RS both did with their current managers. Juve did with Conte way back when. Bayern also when they had Pep.

Dead horse at this point, I know, but the rumor comes up every couple weeks and it is just an alarmingly bad thing to do, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back