Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City were also a year removed from a championship 7 years ago. You may have heard we aren't that.
So are you saying we shouldn’t be signing top albeit slightly older players that become available because we aren’t champions?

I’d argue the opposite. We desperately need quality players and have one of the youngest squads on average in the league. We need some leadership.

So are you saying we shouldn’t be signing top albeit slightly older players that become available because we aren’t champions?

I’d argue the opposite. We desperately need quality players and have one of the youngest squads on average in the league. We need some leadership.

Hes 4 foot 9.

He would get munched on in this league.

Man City were also a year removed from a championship 7 years ago. You may have heard we aren't that.
At some point we simply must accelerate the improvement process. We’re 12th in the league, another couple of years like this and the likes of Digne, Gomes etc are the same age as the bloke you’re saying is too old to sign. We can’t just be in this never ending cycle of 5 year plans where we say everyone has to be patient and then three years into it all the best players have got bored of being mid table and moved and we need to start all over again. Something has to push us into the top 6, to give us a bit of a foothold to build from. I have no idea if signing Allan will do that, but if Ancelotti thinks it will help then I’m all for it.

No I'm saying signing someone who is 28 makes sense when you're already a competitive team. When you aren't you end up using a guy for 3 years to get better and when you're ready in year 4 to compete you actually aren't because he's 32 and not as good.

At some point we simply must accelerate the improvement process. We’re 12th in the league, another couple of years like this and the likes of Digne, Gomes etc are the same age as the bloke you’re saying is too old to sign. We can’t just be in this never ending cycle of 5 year plans where we say everyone has to be patient and then three years into it all the best players have got bored of being mid table and moved and we need to start all over again. Something has to push us into the top 6, to give us a bit of a foothold to build from. I have no idea if signing Allan will do that, but if Ancelotti thinks it will help then I’m all for it.
The best example of accelerating the improvement is Leicester winning the title. But guess what? That was a miracle and it still left them needing to put in a new, longer term plan to rebuild to being competitive again.

Personally I don't care what Ancelotti thinks. Brands is here to build a sustainable recruitment system and we need him to be allowed to do it.

No I'm saying signing someone who is 28 makes sense when you're already a competitive team. When you aren't you end up using a guy for 3 years to get better and when you're ready in year 4 to compete you actually aren't because he's 32 and not as good.
In a ideal world I’d want to see us signing players of 26 or younger, but if we don’t start improving very soon then we’re going to lose the likes of Richarlison and that may set us further back. We’re currently in 12th place and we need some real quality.

I’m not advocating signing multiple players of Allan’s age but our team is young and lacks experience.

In a ideal world I’d want to see us signing players of 26 or younger, but if we don’t start improving very soon then we’re going to lose the likes of Richarlison and that may set us further back. We’re currently in 12th place and we need some real quality.

I’m not advocating signing multiple players of Allan’s age but our team is young and lacks experience.
Our team lacks midfield ball winners, consistent CBs, a RB who can both defend and pass and consistent creative players. If we brought in four 20 year olds who could do these things at a high level we would be way better and still not have experience.

Our team lacks midfield ball winners, consistent CBs, a RB who can both defend and pass and consistent creative players. If we brought in four 20 year olds who could do these things at a high level we would be way better and still not have experience.
As I said, I’m not advocating signing multiple players of his age, I’m just saying signing one could be good business.

As I said, I’m not advocating signing multiple players of his age, I’m just saying signing one could be good business.
I think it's nearly impossible even on the low end of the rumored price. I said it a couple of days ago but Delph if he was actually good is what kind of price is good business.

Yes, and if the moon was made of cheese I’d eat it. Not realistic to sign 4 impact 20 year olds in one year is it?

The best example of accelerating the improvement is Leicester winning the title. But guess what? That was a miracle and it still left them needing to put in a new, longer term plan to rebuild to being competitive again.

Personally I don't care what Ancelotti thinks. Brands is here to build a sustainable recruitment system and we need him to be allowed to do it.
Of course we also need a long term strategy but then absolutely nobody has suggested otherwise have they? People are literally just saying that signing one player in his late 20s wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Leicesters not a great example really. They didn’t accelerate their improvement by signing quality older players at all. They just sort of hit the jackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back