Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the real question for Sky, and all other sponsors agreed prior to Covid 19, is how much money they want back moving forward due to the empty stadiums/reduced product etc. It probably wont be made public, but accounts next year will be brutal.

That's before you factor in, many of these businesses who have big sponsorship outlays getting into financial difficulty.

We are very, very lucky that we have an owner that isnt afraid of digging into his own pocket, but its quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to us.

Massive loses last year, squad full of deadwood that needs shifting and then the arse falls out of our income.

Very lucky to have Mr Moshiri.

unnamed.webp

Yes theres little doubt it will help. Its 15-20m off costs for next season.

I do also think that sometimes you have to look at the most obvious answer too. It makes sense for any business, rich or poor to explore offsetting wage costs. For Everton it may well help cash flow through this period. To me it's a good business decision.

I mean theres a lot of talk about how Moshiri and Usmanov wouldnt allow us to do this. I'm not sure why? It is a smart business decision to offset these wages, in some cases multiple years. I'd also say, given the rules around FFP it's not possible for the owner just to gift money.

As for how it works, I imagine an agreement would be costs settled at the end of contract. So at best would show up next year, they may show up in 2-3 years where the hope would be revenues will have increased and hopefully some sales will have helped us out.

Im not sure the wage deferrals are as united as the media suggest mate. I took from the comments that not all the players are taking a deferral and others at different percentages which you can understand, with the biggest contributors likely the higher paid taking 50%. It was reported that the wages deferred for players would be three months. Our financial year runs to the end of June.

One aspect that wasn’t reported widely was that the Blue Family campaign has raised 400k during their work in restrictions a sum Bill Kenwright and Farhad Moshiri have agreed to match - wonderful gesture.

Last edited:
Still, its not even close to what they paid for mate, its barely even footy.

I mean they paid what 7 billion or something for Premier League football and instead they are gonna be getting something that resembles under 12s Sunday League.

That isn’t the Premier League’s fault though, Sky should be grateful they’re getting anything at all. Football should have been knocked on the head altogether.

I mean they paid what 7 billion or something for Premier League football and instead they are gonna be getting something that resembles under 12s Sunday League.

Sky and BT will already be crapping themselves about things like Amazon now so can’t see them wanting to ruffle feathers.

They paid for football matches and football matches will be played. Maybe they have something in their contract about having fans or whatever, but I highly doubt it. They have no real basis to not pay the PL what they said they would if the games are played.

Sky and BT will already be crapping themselves about things like Amazon now so can’t see them wanting to ruffle feathers.
They paid for football matches and football matches will be played. Maybe they have something in their contract about having fans or whatever, but I highly doubt it. They have no real basis to not pay the PL what they said they would if the games are played.

I know everybody hates Sky, but I dont mind them myself, they have pumped in vast sums of money and allowed clubs like us to buy quality players.

But only a fool would suggest what they will show for potentially the next 6 months is anything like the product they paid a vast sum of money for.

It's about the "product", without the fans in the stadium, the prematch build up, the post match dissection, the agony and ecstacy on the fans faces, they don't have the "product", so they are not paying the price for it. Total bull in my opinion, but the people that run the premier league have agreed with Sky and BT.

Anyway the news about schniederlin is positive, a blind otter would be more use most of the time than him. With the price though we have to factor in that he is on £100,000 per week, Nice will only pay him half that so we will probably have to give him the difference for one year to leave, which is £2.6m, so we would probably only make a couple of million on the deal, but at least he would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back