Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of outing myself as the Everton David Icke, Ancelotti is about as big of a PR home run as they could have ever hoped to hit, and his presence alone will be enough to keep a lot of fans placated.

From his perspective, he's got nothing left to prove, and he'd already started moving down the football pyramid when he took the Napoli job (incidentally, he never challenged the regime there, even when the chairman went to war with the players). His next step in Italy would likely have seen him land at another non-elite club, where they'd have paid him a fraction of what he's making here, so I could see why this would look like a cushy number to someone who is used to shouldering enormous expectations. There's also the added the bonus that outsiders see treading water at Everton as a remarkable achievement, as evidenced by one of his predecessors getting the Manchester United job without ever winning a trophy or playing a single Champions League group game in 11 years.

As you can probably tell, I am truly scarred by Moyes trousering an enormous salary in exchange for telling us not to blame Kenwright for going four transfer windows without a single first team purchase, and to vote for Kirkby while we're at it.

Ancelotti was 100% the marquee signing that Moshiri wanted, the fans wanted and I’m sure the players wanted. An absolute PR dream along with a footballing dream.

Proven track record At both top and not top clubs
Proven man manager
Huge profile in the game
Elite level capture

In turn that for Everton

- A world class manager.
- a huge boost in profile.
- an attraction of players who wouldn’t look twice normally.
- a fan base absolutely delighted and united.
- barring a few, an average/poor set of players performing much better, back into safety and on outer reach of Europe.

We could not have made a better appointment, we really couldn’t. Fair enough to FM for being ambitious and going all out.

With regards to some of your sentences. While it could look cushy, CA could have waite a few months and had an elite job again soon enough with the same wage. He’s won all there is to win hasn’t he really. While obviously huge wages is a drawer; we are on about a winner who has 5 European cups (3 as manager). Ultimately he is driven by success and perhaps he’s tired of being under owners who quick fire. Knowing he would get a good amount of time here due to his reputation. He is also aware of Everton’s former elite status so it’s not like it’s one of the kids who have no idea that EFC were one of the best.

Home run all round really. Perfect for us, lower pressure for him while being backed in the long run.

I just beg that the world circumstances don’t hold us back from going and getting who he wants.

List of players with 1 year left. I've excluded unrealistic deals such as Messi, Pogba, Sane etc.

Keepers:
Donnarumma
Burki
Pavlenka
Butland

Defenders:
Boly
J.Evans
Mandi
Upamecano
Ginter
Elvedi
R.Koch

Full backs:
Castagne
Hysaj
Bertrand
Telles
Bernat

Midfielders:
Zielinski
De Roon
Matuidi
Matic
Hojbjerg
James Rodriguez
Rakitic
R.Puig
Thiago
Draxler
Kampl
N.De La Cruz
Bellingham
Sangare
Eze

Forwards:
Ferran Torres
Lucas Vazquez
B.Mendez
Depay
Thauvin
Reyna

Strikers:
Milik
Higuain
Batshuayi
King
Giroud
D.Costa
Marega

Surely some good players here we could get for a reasonable price. Especially those at cash strapped clubs.

List of players with 1 year left. I've excluded unrealistic deals such as Messi, Pogba, Sane etc.

Keepers:
Donnarumma
Burki
Pavlenka
Butland

Defenders:
Boly
J.Evans
Mandi
Upamecano
Ginter
Elvedi
R.Koch

Full backs:
Castagne
Hysaj
Bertrand
Telles
Bernat

Midfielders:
Zielinski
De Roon
Matuidi
Matic
Hojbjerg
James Rodriguez
Rakitic
R.Puig
Thiago
Draxler
Kampl
N.De La Cruz
Bellingham
Sangare
Eze

Forwards:
Ferran Torres
Lucas Vazquez
B.Mendez
Depay
Thauvin
Reyna

Strikers:
Milik
Higuain
Batshuayi
King
Giroud
D.Costa
Marega

Surely some good players here we could get for a reasonable price. Especially those at cash strapped clubs.
Il have a Donnarumma and D Costa please!

what type of player is he mate?
Technically he’s very good, composed on the ball, can take the ball under pressure. Great left foot.
Had a season at centre back, when he was younger. Has play in a midfield 2 and has played left in a 3.

I’m sure @Dutch Toffee will know a lot more than me, as I’ve only seen the odd game.
He’s AZ captain at 21 and would had his first Dutch cap, but for covid.

QUOTE="TheBigIguana, post: 7862062, member: 23570"]
And that's what I mean when I say Sky could maybe decide to not pay some of the money with the delay being the justification, but that has nothing to do with the product and the no fans part of it.
[/QUOTE]
There is a rebate due apparently regardless if the games get played, but the agreement is to deduct it from the tv money from the 21/22 season onwards so the impact is reduced... Apparently

[/QUOTE]
There is a rebate due apparently regardless if the games get played, but the agreement is to deduct it from the tv money from the 21/22 season onwards so the impact is reduced... Apparently
[/QUOTE]

I haven't see that. I think most clubs are planning to pay it back this summer. United certainly seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back