Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see the club sign some English and British players, I feel the players we sign from abroad are 2nd rate and only come to us for a pay cheque and probably have no idea who we are.... Everton football has more history than most I want players to play for the club because they want to see the club relive the glory days not because we have a open cheque book and can be seen as a stepping stone if they come good...

Like what you're saying, but simply not true.

There's loads of hungry players in europe who aspire to be in the Premier League, they could see Everton as their ticket to the Prem, maybe as a stepping stone to bigger things, but if we actually clicked with all these players.... then we'd be going there ourselves.

Can easily be scarred from European Signings... Mina, Tosun, etc haven't been great. But there's talent all over Europe. you just need to scout it.

You are right though, signing cast offs like Digne, Gomes, Mina, Iwobi, Walcott is not the key to success.

He means we have a confirmed interest via Hunter.

I was going on the agent confirming it and numerous journalists. I think the agent confirmed our interest and Napolis bid.

...I think CB and CM are definite, then it’s a case of right-sided left-footed winger or RB.

ironic that for the first time in memory, there isn’t a clamour to bring in a new striker.

If he had said 4 positions it would be obvious but to say 3 was confusing as it points to a RW imo as Brands made that a clear target before and we have only really Walcott for that position. Of course at RB we have Coleman and Kenny.

Peculiar.

Would love to see the club sign some English and British players, I feel the players we sign from abroad are 2nd rate and only come to us for a pay cheque and probably have no idea who we are.... Everton football has more history than most I want players to play for the club because they want to see the club relive the glory days not because we have a open cheque book and can be seen as a stepping stone if they come good...
England’s best CB so always going to be a big fee and Leicester knew they could get a big price.
Ryan Fraser should be 100% sign, Danny ings too

If we dont sign foreign players as theyre "2nd rate" then what would you call Fraser and Ings?

The best sides in the premier league have had a core of English players e.g Chelsea had Lampard, Terry and Cole.

We have Holgate and DCL, perhaps one English centre mid to complete the spine or Aarons at right back...

Which tier one English players could we sign?

If we dont sign foreign players as theyre "2nd rate" then what would you call Fraser and Ings?

The best sides in the premier league have had a core of English players e.g Chelsea had Lampard, Terry and Cole.

We have Holgate and DCL, perhaps one English centre mid to complete the spine or Aarons at right back...

Which tier one English players could we sign?
I like Declan rice, Danny ings is scoring goals in the prem so he isn’t 2nd rate, I also like Nathan redmond too He would be brilliant in a decent side

I like Declan rice, Danny ings is scoring goals in the prem so he isn’t 2nd rate, I also like Nathan redmond too He would be brilliant in a decent side

Declan Rice seems to be like marnite. People love him or hate him...very highly rated but is he worth the money?

Ings has had 2 major injuries and could easily sign and suffer a 3rd which may ruin him.

Redmond im not really a fan of.

Brands wants to focus on under 25s though so only Rice would fit the criteria and West Ham would ask huge money like £60mil for him i imagine.

Im all for signing players like Max Aarons who have massive potential and have performed in the league. Those u25 who would be less than 30mil who could go into England squads.

Not sure who else would fit the criteria.

giphy.gif

Like what you're saying, but simply not true.

There's loads of hungry players in europe who aspire to be in the Premier League, they could see Everton as their ticket to the Prem, maybe as a stepping stone to bigger things, but if we actually clicked with all these players.... then we'd be going there ourselves.

Can easily be scarred from European Signings... Mina, Tosun, etc haven't been great. But there's talent all over Europe. you just need to scout it.

You are right though, signing cast offs like Digne, Gomes, Mina, Iwobi, Walcott is not the key to success.
The players you’ve mentioned I wouldn’t discard them all as failures as I rate a few of them. It’s the players like Sandro, klaassen, martina,niasse, stekelenberg, tosun , Schneiderlin, iwobi etc which wind Me up there all on decent wages and have only ever been squad players... hardly any were proven in a decent league yet we splash cash on them like there going to improve us...

Sidibe and iwobi are 2 prime examples of recent poor signings, neither are good enough for us so why bring them in?
We need to bring in players who we know can cut it in the prem or a similar league and want to play for Everton football club not

....Mohammed Salisu link is interesting. Not as classy looking as Todibo, but Salisu is a left sided physical monster available at a bargain £11m.

indication is he’s PL bound with us and Southampton in the frame. Southampton much more likely given our reported interest in Todibo but interesting if that’s a smokescreen.

....Mohammed Salisu link is interesting. Not as classy looking as Todibo, but Salisu is a left sided physical monster available at a bargain £11m.

indication is he’s PL bound with us and Southampton in the frame. Southampton much more likely given our reported interest in Todibo but interesting if that’s a smokescreen.

I would rather have salisu than todibo tbh I'd say he is more needed

Articles today that he will be heading to Rennes as he wont get a WP to play in uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back