Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a difficult position but I'd much rather we went for 2, max 3 players in the summer and just hope we make the right choices.

CM and RM the priorities, but we could justifiably add all over the pitch.

A consequence of doing no business in January is that we try to do too much in the summer - Brands was guilty last year of spreading the budget too thinly across too many, and to-date, largely mediocre signings.

It is difficult, but accepting we are where we are I would much rather get two players in and be nearer to pushing the top six than get another mishmash of signings in and be back where we are, now.

We have to aim for progressive sustainable improvement and I think that's the only achievable goal within our budget and limitations.

Think we should aim to sign player for free or on a loan with an option to buy them and then spend all the money we have on one or two players that will really help us. Players in the end of their contracts have one clear advantage - we can always sell them for a FFP profit.

Realistically I would look into bringing any of Thiago Silva, Ryan Fraser, Malang Sarr or Adil Aouchiche. Then we should spend our money to bring in a CB, a CM and a winger. The key here is to bring here right players - better to save money for later than just buying someone for the sake of buying. If we really want to move up we need to buy right players. The last time we were able to do that regularly was under Moyes.

...I can only think Ancelotti wants his team to play from the back so will eventually acquire players who are more adept at doing this. From what I’ve seen Todibo fits that requirement.

its not only passing from the back, it’s breaking out from the back and Todibo looks capable of doing that. I call them ‘players who make the pitch look small’ because they cover so much ground easily.

I’m really not sure what’s going on at RB. I’m not overly keen on Kenny coming back, but it wouldn’t surprise me if priority transfers are elsewhere.
I do believe the manager would like a footballing centre back but first of all I think he likes reliable defenders.
Italians regard defending as highly as attacking and the manager would not be impressed with a defender taking silly risks as Stones used to do.

I do believe the manager would like a footballing centre back but first of all I think he likes reliable defenders.
Italians regard defending as highly as attacking and the manager would not be impressed with a defender taking silly risks as Stones used to do.
Ancelotti will know a defender when he sees one. He’s worked with some of the best defenders of their generation. Imagine rolling into Everton and having to work with Michael Keane.

...I can only think Ancelotti wants his team to play from the back so will eventually acquire players who are more adept at doing this. From what I’ve seen Todibo fits that requirement.

its not only passing from the back, it’s breaking out from the back and Todibo looks capable of doing that. I call them ‘players who make the pitch look small’ because they cover so much ground easily.

I’m really not sure what’s going on at RB. I’m not overly keen on Kenny coming back, but it wouldn’t surprise me if priority transfers are elsewhere.

Which do you think are the 3 positions brands mentioned that we will strengthen?

Will be interesting to see which of these links are true.

Gabriel is confirmed so i wonder if Silva and Todibo are also real links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back