Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And likely had negative chatter in the Lukaku thread. You've had another mare just retreat.
There's no way to prove it or anything so whatever, enjoy having yet another pop at me, but I remember both deals pretty well and to say our fan base was overwhelmingly positive about Richarlison is a stretch way more so than it is with Lukaku.

There's no way to prove it or anything so whatever, enjoy having yet another pop at me, but I remember both deals pretty well and to say our fan base was overwhelmingly positive about Richarlison is a stretch way more so than it is with Lukaku.
Looking in the relevant thread? I just did and the first 4 posts include these 2:

Dont want him on loan, we can never sign him, such a short sighted business plan.

I think he's overrated personally.

I stopped reading there.

Looking in the relevant thread? I just did and the first 4 posts include these 2:

Dont want him on loan, we can never sign him, such a short sighted business plan.

I think he's overrated personally.

I stopped reading there.
Wait which player?

And I meant there's no real way to show the general sentiment that comes from a thread of thousands of posts. Yes you can pull posts out but that's a bit anecdotal.

Edit: Oh you mean Rom. I was talking about signing him permanently fwiw.

Wait which player?

And I meant there's no real way to show the general sentiment that comes from a thread of thousands of posts. Yes you can pull posts out but that's a bit anecdotal.

Edit: Oh you mean Rom. I was talking about signing him permanently fwiw.
Well saying there was less negative chatter about someone we'd all just watched for a season and was perhaps our most important player than about someone who people may have only seen once or twice on TV doesn't really seem like a fair comparison, i'll be honest with you.

Also you literally said 'there's no way to prove it' in response to a post saying there was likely negativity in the Lukaku thread when he signed. I can't work out whether you're just awful at putting your point across or if you lie about what you meant when you get called out on it, because this seems to happen a lot.

Well saying there was less negative chatter about someone we'd all just watched for a season and was perhaps our most important player than about someone who people may have only seen once or twice on TV doesn't really seem like a fair comparison, i'll be honest with you.

Also you literally said 'there's no way to prove it' in response to a post saying there was likely negativity in the Lukaku thread when he signed. I can't work out whether you're just awful at putting your point across or if you lie about what you meant when you get called out on it, because this seems to happen a lot.
This was never meant to be exact science guys. I was simply observing that the level of criticism when someone like Bernard or Gomes or Mina comes in tends to be a fraction of when someone like Sigurdsson or Delph or Ashley Williams does. I pointed out Rom as an exception because I think when we signed him permanently almost everyone was over the moon in a way that they usually aren't for domestic signings. Yes the circumstances were different but again this wasn't meant to be science.

This was never meant to be exact science guys. I was simply observing that the level of criticism when someone like Bernard or Gomes or Mina comes in tends to be a fraction of when someone like Sigurdsson or Delph or Ashley Williams does. I pointed out Rom as an exception because I think when we signed him permanently almost everyone was over the moon in a way that they usually aren't for domestic signings. Yes the circumstances were different but again this wasn't meant to be science.
I would say there's 2 reasons for that. Firstly, most of us watch the PL far more than other leagues, so we tend to have a better idea of how good somebody is when they play in this league. Secondly, most of the players we sign domestically are underwhelming. I mean you've literally used 3 examples of poor signings to highlight your point, so people were right to question them weren't they?

I would say there's 2 reasons for that. Firstly, most of us watch the PL far more than other leagues, so we tend to have a better idea of how good somebody is when they play in this league. Secondly, most of the players we sign domestically are underwhelming. I mean you've literally used 3 examples of poor signings to highlight your point, so people were right to question them weren't they?
The first part is what I said originally. People prefer the unknown a lot.

And yes maybe they were right but we have had decent domestic signings get trashed at the time. Gareth Barry springs to mind. On the other end I think Sandro and Klaassen were fairly positive, at least compared to Sigurdsson at the same time, and they went sour.

I genuinely don't know if there's really a point to this at all. I just find it interesting how it tends to go.

Feel free to explore for your self but it certainly isn't 100% in there. I browsed a bit and I'd say it is a majority positive though so I guess it counts.

Also a bit of self vaulting and I did say some smart stuff about Richarlison, but also had a horrendous it doesn't matter what we paid if he is top class like Pickford is top class shout. Yikes.

Good lord, that doesn't make for pretty reading.

@Connor my man what have u done :(

The first part is what I said originally. People prefer the unknown a lot.

And yes maybe they were right but we have had decent domestic signings get trashed at the time. Gareth Barry springs to mind. On the other end I think Sandro and Klaassen were fairly positive, at least compared to Sigurdsson at the same time, and they went sour.

I genuinely don't know if there's really a point to this at all. I just find it interesting how it tends to go.
I don't think it's preferring the unknown as such. What i'm saying is that we rarely sign exciting players from this league, so people are naturally downbeat about them. If we signed De Bruyne now people would be made up, because they know he's good. People are disappointed when we sign Delph, because they've seen him play loads and so aren't expecting much. People are more excited by players they haven't seen than ones they have seen and think are rubbish. It's natural. The arguments against Barry would have been the same ones against Thiago Silva in his thread at the moment I would imagine.

Good lord, that doesn't make for pretty reading.

@Connor my man what have u done :(

Context please Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back