Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or because Lookman and Gana didn't want to be here anymore so why keep those sorts of players.
Sad as it is to say, I very much doubt that many of them want to be here. I can't imagine that playing for a team that hasn't won anything for 25 years and is in the bottom half of the table was a dream they all shared.

Sad as it is to say, I very much doubt that many of them want to be here. I can't imagine that playing for a team that hasn't won anything for 25 years and is in the bottom half of the table was a dream they all shared.

Players who clearly aren’t good enough for a team that wins stuff would probably be happy though.

This is the problem you’re right mate. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Davies and Bernard sold. I’m not sure Carlo is enamoured with either of them (in comparison to the praise he’s given Holgate Calvert Lewin Richarlison etc.) and they’d both find buyers, Kenny probably would at some level. The rest you’re probably looking at lower leagues but if that is their level then why would we want to keep them?

Pretty sure Davies will be kept

OUT OF CONTRACT = 5

Stekelenburg (OOC)
Feeney (OOC)
Garbutt (OOC)
Martina (OOC)
Niasse (OOC)

PLAYERS TO CULL = 13

Kenny
Keane
Pennington
Sigurdsson
Delph
Besic
Dowell
Baningime
Connolly
Bolasie
Bowler
Tosun
Sandro

SQUAD PLAYERS = 19

GK: Pickford / Lossl / Virginia
RB: Coleman
CB: Holgate / Mina / Gibson
LB: Digne / Baines
CM: Gomes / Gbamin / Davies
WF: Bernard / Walcott / Iwobi / Gordon
ST: Richarlison / DCL / Kean

Players to sign:

1 × RB
1 × CB
2 × CM
1 × WF

Hopefully we can do some damage in this window.

I cant see any world in which we sell, Kenny, Keane, Sigurdsson and Delph.
Kenny will probably come back and be 2nd choice RB behind Coleman as it doesnt look like we will keep Sidibe unless Monoaco lower the asking price. Keane is in the starting lineup, even if we sign a 4th CB in Todibo, we would want 4 CB's to compete across the season, Im not sure Gibson is the answer. Sigurdsson is on too much money, no one will take him, hes on £100k a week, I think we will be stuck with him until his contract ends in summer of 22. Delph we only signed last year, he has been injured for most of the season, so I cant see anyone wanting to take him off our hands.

I agree with most of the rest of it though, but I would say if we do sell Tosun we need another CF in if we are going to play 2 up front. Having only 3 strikers to pick from is not enough.

Well I think there's different levels of want. Lookman definitely hated it here and Gana definitely wanted to go to PSG.
Yes, but all of them would want to go to PSG wouldn't they? There will absolutely be players in our squad who have heard of interest elsewhere and would like to go if given the chance. The question is whether you give them the chance. I think it's a fair point that there may be players who we don't necessarily want to lose, but who we feel it makes financial sense to sell.

if that were true we wouldn’t have sold Gueye or Lookman. I’d bet Silva wanted to keep both but we had to sell in order to give us the room to buy. We can’t just ignore the regulations.
Gueye and Lookman both wanted to leave for different reasons. I am sure the money was welcome but we know they made it perfectly clear they wanted to go, the club would appear to have wanted to keep both... certainly Gueye.
If Kenny asks to leave then he will probably be allowed to do so unless the manager sees him as first team material.

Whilst some of those academy players might not deserve to be culled I think a few could be sold to help our FFP position. They’re pure profit. If Schalke are offering any sort of decent fee for Kenny I’d be amazed if we don’t take it.

I believe Schalke have already said they cant afford him, but would like to extend his loan, im not sure thats a good idea for us though as it runs his contract down. If we are not going to use him in our team we should look to sell him, I think even though Schalke have not done well he has performed and I think he was nominated for "rookie of the year" over there (though he didn't win)

You said someone the fans didn’t think was good signing from the PL; I don’t recall many people not wanting Richarlison; maybe some thought expensive but no one said he wasn’t good.
There were definitely "he hasn't scored since December, the league has figured him out" posts.

Its interesting if Ancelotti doesnt need a RW for the system.

We would then need a centre back (Gabriel/ Thiago Silva) and a RB who shifts across (Todibo).

Who could we sign or use to fill that RM slot under similar inatructions to Iwobi last match?
If we don't play a RW, the RM is going to have to be very disciplined to protect the full back or we're going to need a much more reliable RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back