Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i wonder if we will move on Bernard and go with Iwobi/Gordon on the left. Then Walcott right with a major signing coming in there.

If we could find another Kanchelskis from somewhere then the whole team steps up a level. Someone that good would be a game changer.

I wonder though if this window may be focused on cheaper signings e.g Thiago Silva, Hojbjerg, Todibo and the bigger pot on a right winger

na. We need a squad of quality as much as poss, Carlo knows who he wants and will get who he wants

If they can do the job is it not better to keep and save on any expensive outlay. At least we know about them and do not find out to late if signings are crap like under the mangers before Carlo.

It’s prob one for the accountants (which I am not) but my understanding is that if we sold Kenny for 10 mill, as he is an academy player it’s 10 mill pure book profit. If we then went out and bought a right back for ten million on a 5 year deal. His book value is effectively 2 mill per year plus wages so we will show a player trading profit on those two transactions which we need to come back into compliance with the regulations. If we just keep Kenny we don’t get that player trading profit. That’s why I suspect there could be some academy players sold this window with Kenny probably near the top of the list as the highest value.

It’s prob one for the accountants (which I am not) but my understanding is that if we sold Kenny for 10 mill, as he is an academy player it’s 10 mill pure book profit. If we then went out and bought a right back for ten million on a 5 year deal. His book value is effectively 2 mill per year plus wages so we will show a player trading profit on those two transactions which we need to come back into compliance with the regulations. If we just keep Kenny we don’t get that player trading profit. That’s why I suspect there could be some academy players sold this window with Kenny probably near the top of the list as the highest value.

Well Mate time will tell. The big if is which club would want them.

Well Mate time will tell. The big if is which club would want them.

This is the problem you’re right mate. I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Davies and Bernard sold. I’m not sure Carlo is enamoured with either of them (in comparison to the praise he’s given Holgate Calvert Lewin Richarlison etc.) and they’d both find buyers, Kenny probably would at some level. The rest you’re probably looking at lower leagues but if that is their level then why would we want to keep them?

I said the same a few days ago, with the rumours, though it’s gone quiet for a week about Hornby going for 1.8mil. Then we could raise 30mil from selling youngsters, if you add Kenny & Davies

With money Probably tight for a lot of clubs in the championship now. 2 million for someone like Connolly would be a decent buy, with his ability to play a few different positions.
Add dowell, bowler, Beni and a few others.
I don’t think 30mil is out the question.

I said the same a few days ago, with the rumours, though it’s gone quiet for a week about Hornby going for 1.8mil. Then we could raise 30mil from selling youngsters, if you add Kenny & Davies

With money Probably tight for a lot of clubs in the championship now. 2 million for someone like Connolly would be a decent buy, with his ability to play a few different positions.
Add dowell, bowler, Beni and a few others.
I don’t think 30mil is out the question.

Marcel hasn’t been afraid to sell when he’s had to in the past to suit compliance with regulations. Lookman was sold for profit as was Onyekeru without even playing for us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard on a free transfer was bought in with us thinking he’ll either catch fire or if not we can sell him on for pure profit. Like you I’d be amazed if we keep Davies and Kenny also. Our position against the regulations is not great at all so there will have to be sales of some kind, hopefully it can be deadwood, fringe players and academy players and we can keep our key core (Holgate DCL Richarlison Digne)

I doubt that a decision to buy or sell will be made based on FFP regulations. I think it will be a footballing decision.

As if Kenny is the right back to fire us into the top 4, as if. His market value is about 4 million pound, if that, and there’s no queue of clubs gagging for his signature.
I think we’d get more than 4. And how do you know, clubs aren’t looking at him
Ate part of the negotiating team?

Marcel hasn’t been afraid to sell when he’s had to in the past to suit compliance with regulations. Lookman was sold for profit as was Onyekeru without even playing for us. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard on a free transfer was bought in with us thinking he’ll either catch fire or if not we can sell him on for pure profit. Like you I’d be amazed if we keep Davies and Kenny also. Our position against the regulations is not great at all so there will have to be sales of some kind, hopefully it can be deadwood, fringe players and academy players and we can keep our key core (Holgate DCL Richarlison Digne)

Yes I wouid sell Bernard, he’s 28 in September, has 2 yrs left. No way the club give him a new deal. I can’t imagine they will just sit around and wait for his contract to expire

lol i wonder if we will move on Bernard and go with Iwobi/Gordon on the left. Then Walcott right with a major signing coming in there.

If we could find another Kanchelskis from somewhere then the whole team steps up a level. Someone that good would be a game changer.

I wonder though if this window may be focused on cheaper signings e.g Thiago Silva, Hojbjerg, Todibo and the bigger pot on a right winger

Calvin Stengs would be my choice personally. But i dont have a clue who we are interested in for that position

I doubt that a decision to buy or sell will be made based on FFP regulations. I think it will be a footballing decision.

if that were true we wouldn’t have sold Gueye or Lookman. I’d bet Silva wanted to keep both but we had to sell in order to give us the room to buy. We can’t just ignore the regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back