Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Gbamin we can’t rely on hopefully he will be like a new singing come December, I really hope he comes back strong and ready to go.

We need defo need two in my opinion and if they just want one he’s got to be of a very high class and ready to make an instant impact

I think this is very fair, especially if we are looking at 4-4-2 next season. Ideally we need a player that can have a similar impact to that of Fernandes at Manchester United.

I've settled on this being the top priority for a transfer, followed by right wing and centre half.

I would bring in Frank Kessie and Camavinga.

That would sort out midfield options and then we would just need a RB, CB and RW.

Any decent RW available for loan from any of the big clubs in Spain do you think?

Kessie is a strange one...im up and down on him.

He was class then moved Milan and again really good but i wonder if the last 2 seasons hes improved...lots of problems at Milan and managerial changes.

Could do with a fresh start perhaps?

Camavinga would be an incredible coup.

We need a midfielder Zat. I mean, we need about three, but a midfielder to get about and have some energy in there is the most important thing.

Florian Neuhaus has been really impressive for Gladbach since the restart. Covered 4 or 5 of their games and he's been a standout in every one.

Yeah of course we need a midfielder.

My feeling is though that a RB is crucial.

Coleman is limited going forward these days which then impacts whoever is at RM. If last night Iwobi had Cafu (lol) going up and down then it totally impacts the threat on that side.

On the other hand, if were going to persist with the RB shuffling to RCB in a 3 when we dont have the ball then that also impacts the RM. We could get away with having a pure attacker there knowing were safe on the counter.

So, although midfield certainly needs strengthening i feel right back affects the whole tactical structure of the team.

@BlueToff just to add to my last post.

If were going for a catenaccio 90s Milan system then were going to see the defenders as titans. Keane and Holgate are looking like giants in this setup and likewise a Gattuso type DM could be getting all kinds of plaudits.

I feel that crucial to that system would be the 2 full backs who would need to be able to get up/down the pitch. We currently have Digne only who can be relied upon to achieve that.

Depending on whether we see a defensive RB (Todibo for example seems perfect for the RB / RCB position) who can be moulded, or we bring in a real attacker like Emerson...then i feel that will define the midfielders we sign.

@BlueToff just to add to my last post.

If were going for a catenaccio 90s Milan system then were going to see the defenders as titans. Keane and Holgate are looking like giants in this setup and likewise a Gattuso type DM could be getting all kinds of plaudits.

I feel that crucial to that system would be the 2 full backs who would need to be able to get up/down the pitch. We currently have Digne only who can be relied upon to achieve that.

Depending on whether we see a defensive RB (Todibo for example seems perfect for the RB / RCB position) who can be moulded, or we bring in a real attacker like Emerson...then i feel that will define the midfielders we sign.

Some talk of Ngakia from West Ham.

We need probably two central midfielders.
Davies is more of an attacking midfielder and only moderate when played further back.
Sigurdsson is certainly not a defensive central midfielder.
Gomes may not have fully recovered his confidence after his injury but at the moment he looks very ordinary.

Our defence is solid just now, we do have a threat up front even though there is nothing coming to help them from midfield and our midfield looks very ordinary.
This isn't meant towards you but if Davies is best suited as an attacking midfielder he should just retire from football then. He has no shot, no vision, no aerial ability.

He was class then moved Milan and again really good but i wonder if the last 2 seasons hes improved...lots of problems at Milan and managerial changes.

Coleman is limited going forward these days which then impacts whoever is at RM. If last night Iwobi had Cafu (lol) going up and down then it totally impacts the threat on that side.

On the other hand, if were going to persist with the RB shuffling to RCB in a 3 when we dont have the ball then that also impacts the RM. We could get away with having a pure attacker there knowing were safe on the counter.

So, although midfield certainly needs strengthening i feel right back affects the whole tactical structure of the team.
While I agree a RB is needed, it may mean we lose a leader on the pitch in Coleman. Now, there will be those who will debate the leadership qualities of Coleman, but he is one of the few talkers in this team.

We have desperately needed an on field leader for a long time and I'd like to see someone brought in with those attributes.

I read that Carlo likes 1 side of his fullbacks to be quite defensive.

So Coleman not attacking much isn't an issue.

Blaming Coleman for our Right wingers being tosh is a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back