Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get europe it will be interesting to see if we strengthen in more than 3 areas

Keane has shown again hes effective in a deep defence. If Ancelotti continues with this strategy I wonder where the 3 main signings would be...

For me, key position is still right back. Would go for an attacking player who would allow Iwobi (if he stays there) to come central when we have the ball.

If we get europe it will be interesting to see if we strengthen in more than 3 areas

Keane has shown again hes effective in a deep defence. If Ancelotti continues with this strategy I wonder where the 3 main signings would be...

For me, key position is still right back. Would go for an attacking player who would allow Iwobi (if he stays there) to come central when we have the ball.
He had a good game last night, but lacks pace on the counter attack. One of his strengths is his forward passing. So maybe getting another pacy forward alongside DCL and Richarlison. And using him a bit deeper, around our 2 centre midfielders could work

Like you saying having a quality attacking RB overlapping him, would make a world of difference

Sure, how about what's left/just left:

Bolasie
Sandro
Schneiderlin (just sold for £2m)
Pickford (wouldn't get £30m for him now)
Keane (not worth £30m we paid)

Cracking job Big Ste
Agree with most of that, except that we absolutely would get £30m back for Pickford.

He’s struggled at times after that first season, but we’d get our money back, someone would pay it. Most likely would have been more if not for the probable market compression due to COVID

now folks its just my thoughts
im a blue nose - the birmingham city 1s
back in the day we had a lad called trevor francis , he left we as a club crumbled and its about to happen again
in my opinion jude bellingham is a better player at 16 than francis was
he is a strong boy , we know he`s gotta go in the summer , be 30 odd clubs fighting it out for this 16 year old kid granted

be nice if everton could get him - he is without doubt the most important transfer in world football this summer
and for us , yet another young man walks away , and we sign crap to replace him .

jude bellingham , go get him !
You guys gave us Bob Latchford, and for that, I will always support Birmingham over any other midlands team!

Agree with most of that, except that we absolutely would get £30m back for Pickford.

He’s struggled at times after that first season, but we’d get our money back, someone would pay it. Most likely would have been more if not for the probable market compression due to COVID

for me currently we would get around what we paid for him.

IMO we need to keep him for next season, hope he doesn’t drop too many clangers over the season & plays for England in the Euros and has a belter. Then someone like Man U can pay over the odds for him.

even if he was amazing next season, I don’t think too many fans would shed tears if he left.

now folks its just my thoughts
im a blue nose - the birmingham city 1s
back in the day we had a lad called trevor francis , he left we as a club crumbled and its about to happen again
in my opinion jude bellingham is a better player at 16 than francis was
he is a strong boy , we know he`s gotta go in the summer , be 30 odd clubs fighting it out for this 16 year old kid granted

be nice if everton could get him - he is without doubt the most important transfer in world football this summer
and for us , yet another young man walks away , and we sign crap to replace him .

jude bellingham , go get him !

You don’t fancy a continual walking advert for why people shouldn’t get Turkish hair operations, do you?

(ps. Always likes Birmingham City, purely because you hate Villa... and had Jasper Carrot as your number 1 celebrity fan)

Reports today that Napoli have agreed to match lilles asking price for Gabriel.

Also that were considering the following alternatives;

Mohammed Salisu, Wesley Fofana, Thiago Silva, Jean-Clair Todibo, Kalidou Koulibaly, Thiago Silva, , Marash Kumbulla, Christian Luyindama, Issa Diop and Tosin Adarabioyo

we won’t Europe this season, but that shouldn’t change the transfer plans we need some good first teamers and then some

I would bring in Frank Kessie and Camavinga.

That would sort out midfield options and then we would just need a RB, CB and RW.

Any decent RW available for loan from any of the big clubs in Spain do you think?

Assuming no Europe: 2 CM, RB (keep Kenny on loan, Coleman stays), RW, CB. Extend Baines for 12 more months. Don’t have the names but the CMs need pace and a work rate for if they are paired with those currently here we need that in them.

Out of Contract – let them go and don’t need replacing, I am assuming Lossl is staying.
Stekelenburg
Feeney
Garbutt
Martina
Niasse

Sell (haven’t included kids or those played 1 or 2 games as I don’t know their true potential), frankly I don’t think this lot need replacing.
Pennington
Sigurdsson
Besic
Baningime
Bolasie
Tosun
Sandro

Any other 1st team sales need replacing.

We need a midfielder Zat. I mean, we need about three, but a midfielder to get about and have some energy in there is the most important thing.

Florian Neuhaus has been really impressive for Gladbach since the restart. Covered 4 or 5 of their games and he's been a standout in every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back