Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the mentality that because we were class into the 80's means we're entitled to be an amazing successful top club is what stops us as fans ever finding enjoyment in football. Which is the whole point about it.

I could give [Poor language removed] all about the 80's. I was born in '86. Nostalgia is for losers.

But I do love the club and I want it to be successful. The occasional top four challenge shouldn't be a pipe dream, IF the club is run smartly. Spurs, Wolves, Sheffield United, hell even Burnley have had more progressive seasons that we have recently.

There is NOTHING enjoyable about what the club has been doing the last few season. Unless you love pissing away money and watching simple minded bellends run a big time club.

I could give [Poor language removed] all about the 80's. I was born in '86. Nostalgia is for losers.

But I do love the club and I want it to be successful. The occasional top four challenge shouldn't be a pipe dream, IF the club is run smartly. There is NOTHING enjoyable about what the club has been doing the last few season. Unless you love pissing away money and watching simple minded bellends run a big time club.

So you’re happy to go back to the Smith days in order to put a young squad together to be great in the future?

Couple of years ago i made a vow to not come on here after a defeat as it was bad for mental health. I suddenly remember why, the frustration of supporters is at peak levels now. This crap just goes on and on, we had no money for years and when we get bankrolled we just waste half a billion pounds on garbage.

Horrible... deserve better than gutless performances, players will be on twitter later with the usual punchlines we stick together, we move on. Blah blah blah

Its the approach that every other club/team in our position that has become successful has taken. We are not City, we do not have oil state money. Its what Wolves did. We still approach team building like its 1995. And its why we are a club of failures. Grow up.
Only buy 1 player this summer.
Sell Richarlison and Digne.
Ffs mate go give your head a wobble.
It's laughable.

If the goal is to consistently be around top 6 then the following players are the only ones that are of that level or have the potential to be over the next 2 years:

Gordon
Richi
Holgate
Digne
DCL

Pretty much everyone else bar a few youngsters can get in the bin. That's the reality but getting rid of all that dross isn't gonna happen straight away so really don't see how next season is gonna be much better unless for once we get super lucky with injuries and we actually bring in a couple of mentally strong footballers in the right positions.

That McKennie we were linked with might have the kind of supposed fiery attitude we need in this team of flaccid phalluses.
Would take he and Allan, both have a bit of attitude to them which we direly need.

If Ancelotti wants Allan then get him Allan. McKennie can then add some much needed depth. Tom Davies is not actually much of a footballer.

I’d take midfielders from villa and watford over our dross. Grealish McGinn doucoure capoue leagues better than the gutless wonders we have.

Literally our only chance of recovering the situation within 10 years is that Ancelotti knows some cool guys from his travels around the world that can sort us out. I would really hope he's a better judge of player than Walsh, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Brands.

Literally our only chance of recovering the situation within 10 years is that Ancelotti knows some cool guys from his travels around the world that can sort us out. I would really hope he's a better judge of player than Walsh, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva and Brands.

He paid 45 big 1s for Lozano Browns.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I would love it if we were top and amazing and in the CL every year but I also don't understand why loads of our fans think we should be just because we were more than 30 years ago.
I was born in 97. I’ve never seen the club win a thing. That being said I don’t necessarily think that we have some Devine right to be one of the best teams around, no one does. People see Man City and might be jealous and that’s fine, we probably missed the boat on being a team like that now with FFP.

However, seeing teams like Spurs who were a worse team than us not too long ago be far better than us now, teams like Leicester, Wolves and Sheffield United who’ve spent more time in the Championship than the Premier League since we’ve last won a trophy, come up and have huge success and cement themselves as European contenders.

In this time we’ve all seen quite possibly the worst Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea teams that the Premier League has seen.

Even after all this we’re still here another season finishing in the bottom half wondering when it’ll all click. Everton fans aren’t believing that there’s some right they have, it’s just they’ve seen how the league has went over the last few years and thought why couldn’t we do that. It’s a perfectly fine question. Why? We’ve got the money. We’ve got the manager. We had the players. None have come at the same time though. Imagine Ancelotti with Martinez’ squad. Martinez and his squad with Koeman’s money.

We’ve wasted so many years on nothing and now once again in the best possible position to actually make something of ourselves with Carlo we’re gonna be saddled with a summer where we can’t spend all that much money and others ahead of us will strengthen again.

There are 2 positions nailed down on the league next year. City and those lot will finish in the top 2. Everything else is up for grabs. If we could invest properly in the summer I legitimately see no reason we couldn’t challenge for top 4. If we don’t invest however I won’t rule out another relegation fight that we seem to have regularly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back