Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im excited by the Anchelotti factor in recruiting. It will make Brands job a lot easier.

Imagine you are a player and Wolves, Leicester even Arsenal and Chelsea are in for you and our DOF says Carlo Anchelotti really wants you at Everton, "hang on there he is on the phone"" you'd swim the ocean to sign, work, be developed by and play under him.

My order of priority is, and I doubt we'll sign all of these in one window - RM, CM, RB, CB, GK.

RM - We can't get away with just Walcott all of next season, my choice would be Buendia however I can imagine we'll sign someone I've never heard of instead.

CM - After Gomes it doesn't look great. Gbamin is a complete unknown. Delph has shown nothing to suggest he's the answer. Davies probably isn't good enough, but I'd keep him as 4th choice. Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin are on huge wages and offer almost nothing, sell both. Find us someone sexy Carlo.

RB - We can probably get away with Coleman and Kenny next year, but I'd rather us sign someone who comes straight in and improves us. Don't sign Sidibe. People seem to like Max Aarons but I'm on the fence.

CB - A long-term injury and we're struggling here. Need another CB in. Realistically we won't be selling Keane, so we need someone to come in and challenge Mina and Holgate. No idea who I'd want for this position.

GK - Too many clangers from Pickford, and he's got the second worst save % in the league after Kepa (19th out of 20). There are better goalkeepers in this league that'll be relegated this year. Dubravka (6th), Ramsdale (7th) and Ryan (10th) are all good keepers, as is Fabianski who has been injured for most the season so doesn't make the table.

And that's me done until the window opens.

My order of priority is, and I doubt we'll sign all of these in one window - RM, CM, RB, CB, GK.

RM - We can't get away with just Walcott all of next season, my choice would be Buendia however I can imagine we'll sign someone I've never heard of instead.

CM - After Gomes it doesn't look great. Gbamin is a complete unknown. Delph has shown nothing to suggest he's the answer. Davies probably isn't good enough, but I'd keep him as 4th choice. Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin are on huge wages and offer almost nothing, sell both. Find us someone sexy Carlo.

RB - We can probably get away with Coleman and Kenny next year, but I'd rather us sign someone who comes straight in and improves us. Don't sign Sidibe. People seem to like Max Aarons but I'm on the fence.

CB - A long-term injury and we're struggling here. Need another CB in. Realistically we won't be selling Keane, so we need someone to come in and challenge Mina and Holgate. No idea who I'd want for this position.

GK - Too many clangers from Pickford, and he's got the second worst save % in the league after Kepa (19th out of 20). There are better goalkeepers in this league that'll be relegated this year. Dubravka (6th), Ramsdale (7th) and Ryan (10th) are all good keepers, as is Fabianski who has been injured for most the season so doesn't make the table.

And that's me done until the window opens.

Goal keeper stats are often deceptive though mate. You often see keepers at the lower level of the league with high save percentages, its often because they have more to do.

Not saying Pickford isnt prone to a clanger and he will dissapointed with some of his performances, but generally i find that with goal keeper stats.

Goal keeper stats are often deceptive though mate. You often see keepers at the lower level of the league with high save percentages, its often because they have more to do.

Not saying Pickford isnt prone to a clanger and he will dissapointed with some of his performances, but generally i find that with goal keeper stats.

Surely a high save % for a keeper facing more shots is even better?

Save 7 of 10 shots for 70% or save 70 of 100 shots for 70%?

RM and RB are priorities. CM and CB behind that. Would be amazed if we signed a first choice goalkeeper, I reckon we’ll look for a strong number 2 to push Pickford. Gibson could come back as 4th choice centreback with Holgate effectively now moving from rookie to first team player. That makes 3 first team CBs and Gibson in reserve. That’s a better situation than we started Th is season in.

Yeah we still need a CB and probably a LW, on top of RB, CM, RW. I mean if we only sign 3, those 3 are gonna have to be utter Zidanes.

Exactly! No more signings like Walcott and delph. We are capable of beating teams like Arsenal and Utd, I don’t see signing any of their back up players will make us stronger at this point.

I wonder if Chelsea might come in for Pickford I hope so. In fact I hope he has a great euros and we can sell him at a inflated fee, get a solid but boring keeper in.

Me too although im sceptial of who is out there who we could sign as a replacement.

Romero or Henderson at Utd aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back