Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

After the last few years, I totally refuse to buy into any enthusiasm for any new signings after the massive disappointment of -
Klasssen
Sandro
Walcott
Delph
Gbamin
Bernard
Kean
Tosun
Mina

I will judge whoever we sign after a 12 month period, unless they break into half immediately upon signing for Everton as usual.

Very much agreed on the risk factor, especially once they're into their mid-20s. On a loosely related note, a friend of mine is a Blackburn fan who, thanks to working at Sky Sports, hears little bits here and there, and he was telling me how blown away they were by Jack Rodwell last season. However, once it came time to extend his short-term deal, he basically decided that if this was his level now, he'd sooner just not play anymore, so there's definitely something to the idea that past disappointments could affect motivation levels.

Other than the fact that I never have and never will regard Lukaku as a top player, you do make a strong case for Hudson-Odoi. I suppose another thing to consider if whether or not Ancelotti will want to accommodate wide forwards next season.

I think we can get a bit worn down by what we mean by "top player". Lukaku is 27 and has 214 goals in about 450, plus 52 for Belgium so I'd say he is a top striker. Ithink Hudson Odoi at 19 could be a similar level and that is well beyond what we have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back