Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did we see with Gmblammo?

Its complete horse manure that signing him late caused the injury.

And of course we do it to save money.

You act like clubs enjoy spending millions for no reason.

Wasn’t it that he came in late, said he wasn’t match fit/ready, Silva put him straight in and we have hardly seen him since? A bit of pre-season and work with the fitness/medical team on whatever the issues were mite have led to a different outcome.

Wasn’t it that he came in late, said he wasn’t match fit/ready, Silva put him straight in and we have hardly seen him since? A bit of pre-season and work with the fitness/medical team on whatever the issues were mite have led to a different outcome.

There are 100s of players who play a full season in leagues all over the world and then play summer tournaments with their National team and their legs don't fall off in training.

He played 2 games for us, the injury happened in training.

Sadly @davek spread a rumour and you are all treating it as gospel.

Brands is the DOF, he needs to stay long term for stability even if transfers don't pan out. I think it would be a mistake to get rid of him, he has attracted some good players and also Ancelotti.

I agree that has transfers have not been good enough though, just think it is better to be patient with a DOF

There are 100s of players who play a full season in leagues all over the world and then play summer tournaments with their National team and their legs don't fall off in training.

his injury history is a bit odd, seems to pick up injuries in Aug / Sept though mostly minor. Does seem to be a player that needs to get up to full fitness very gradually.

Does Brands have a telephone ban? I wouldn't like to think that he's going to wait until October before making moves.

Also, I'm a bit gutted that they've gone back to letting the transfer window run into the season. Defeats the object for me.

They had to really mate. If we closed it when the season started there would only be over a month to sign and sell - that wouldn't work. The longer it's open, the more opportunities we have at flogging some of the guff we have when teams get desperate.

The only reason he started the second game was because of Schneiderlin getting needlessly sent off against Palace in the first game. I think the plan was to ease him into the high intensity of the league, due to him not being at full fitness, but he was forced in at the deep end.

Just blame Schneiderlin.

Seriously hope Said Benrahma gets considered for the RW berth if Brentford don't go up. Just what we need, a tricky winger who can score goals and create for others - 17 goals and 9 assists this year in the Championship. Their other winger Mbuemo, 20 year old left footer, also looks a star in the making, be doing well to poach either of them.

The only reason he started the second game was because of Schneiderlin getting needlessly sent off against Palace in the first game. I think the plan was to ease him into the high intensity of the league, due to him not being at full fitness, but he was forced in at the deep end.

Just blame Schneiderlin.

And if he got injured in that game then it might be worth mentioning.

But he played 90minutes in that game then suffered the injury a few days later in training.

But anyway.

Im not against signing players early, I think it helps 100%, but we cant always make it happen and my point is that most players are signed on 4 or 5 year contracts, they arent signed to play in August only.

Seriously hope Said Benrahma gets considered for the RW berth if Brentford don't go up. Just what we need, a tricky winger who can score goals and create for others - 17 goals and 9 assists this year in the Championship. Their other winger Mbuemo, 20 year old left footer, also looks a star in the making, be doing well to poach either of them.
Can't agree with you more this lad looks decent defo worth a try

What did we see with Gmblammo?

Its complete horse manure that signing him late caused the injury.

And of course we do it to save money.

You act like clubs enjoy spending millions for no reason.
He was rushed into the team because we signed him late. Not saying that's why he was injured but it was a risk for a kick off. Also it's a key area and our other options were proven to be inadequate I mentioned the other day we never developed proper back up to Gana while he was here, Morgan might be a DM but he is not the same kind of player.

And I am not acting like anything I am saying getting key players in earlier and having a preseason with the team gives us a better chance, a key midfielder in relatively early is key when you look at our options...

And if he got injured in that game then it might be worth mentioning.

But he played 90minutes in that game then suffered the injury a few days later in training.

But anyway.

Im not against signing players early, I think it helps 100%, but we cant always make it happen and my point is that most players are signed on 4 or 5 year contracts, they arent signed to play in August only.
I’m only half serious in my condemnation of Schneiderlin but I disagree that the fact he didn’t pick it up in the game means it’s not worth mentioning. You can’t disregard the strain 90 minutes of high intensity will have put on him compared to just a 30 minute run out.

More chance to pick up a little niggle that can then be exacerbated later on in training.

He is quality but he plays on the left cutting inside rather than on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back