Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the discussion about Lozano. Maybe to add, when Brands came to Efc he made a comment at the time of signing players from the dutch league and mentioned Bergwijn and Lozano being too much of a risk for 25m/35m respectively. At the time i thought i agreed on Bergwijn (no exceptional stats in a free scoring PSV time, no international at the time), but Lozano was getting 15+ goals, incl goals in Europe and a full international for Mexico. How different the world looks these days on Lozano/Bergwijn. Would he be a good fit for us ? In a 4-3-3 i would agree he wolud be ace with Richarlison and DCL. In a 4-4-2 i doubt it as he is not renowned for massive defensive workrate. Plus he is not a left footed right winger that Carlo apparently wants.

£40m for cover??
Frightening right? That's the competition for the top position. Current champions had to break the world record price for central defender and goalkeeper just to have a 1st eleven and hope that they don't all break down and City take their eye of the ball for a few games.

Lol the discussion about Lozano. Maybe to add, when Brands came to Efc he made a comment at the time of signing players from the dutch league and mentioned Bergwijn and Lozano being too much of a risk for 25m/35m respectively. At the time i thought i agreed on Bergwijn (no exceptional stats in a free scoring PSV time, no international at the time), but Lozano was getting 15+ goals, incl goals in Europe and a full international for Mexico. How different the world looks these days on Lozano/Bergwijn. Would he be a good fit for us ? In a 4-3-3 i would agree he wolud be ace with Richarlison and DCL. In a 4-4-2 i doubt it as he is not renowned for massive defensive workrate. Plus he is not a left footed right winger that Carlo apparently wants.

Good point, maybe what he's seen bergweijn do for spurs has made him re-think lozano. I'd like to see us take a punt on him tbh.

Good point, maybe what he's seen bergweijn do for spurs has made him re-think lozano. I'd like to see us take a punt on him tbh.

I agree that 35m was too much for Lozano, but given hes considered a flop in Italy and also our amazing wide players... you think he’s worth a 20m Punt? He’d get game time here. Not sure he’d fit into a 4-4-2 either..

I agree that 35m was too much for Lozano, but given hes considered a flop in Italy and also our amazing wide players... you think he’s worth a 20m Punt? He’d get game time here. Not sure he’d fit into a 4-4-2 either..

I dunno, it's risky that's why I'd go loan have a set fee of maybe £25m built in. I don't think Napoli would agree to £20m. They have to accept a large hit though. You don't want him ripping it up here and then united/chelsea buying him for £35m to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back