Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Onana and Torreira would be cracking signings for you lot, maybe even Maitland-niles, he's a great all rounder, Swiss army knife.

Onana the goalie at Ajax?

Looks talented but far too erratic for me. Obviously not seen loads of him but his handling seems suspect to me. Seems to get the job done more often than not though.

He reminds of...well, Pickford to be honest.

Alex Iwobi will make a lot of people look silly on here in time.

Hopefully that whilst he’s still at Everton
What makes you think that? Genuine question by the way. Had a season at us and a few at Arsenal and he hasn't done anything really. Hope to be proved wrong but can't see it.

Looks talented but far too erratic for me. Obviously not seen loads of him but his handling seems suspect to me. Seems to get the job done more often than not though.

He’s not erratic at all, don’t know what games you’ve been watching, nothing like Pickford . JP throws the ball into his net every week.

Cuco Martina will forever top the list.

You think he’s the ‘worst player ‘ to ever play for us ? He’s played over a 100 top flight games for teams in Holland and the prem , his Dutch teams finished 3rd twice and Southampton finished about 8th .For us the lad played leftback about as much as he played right .

We’ve had some stinkers even Just at right back We’ve had Paul Holmes and Tony Thomas .

I’m not saying I liked him or he’s good by the way but we’ve had horrific players for a lot of years .

I wish we’d sign someone

Niasse was absolutely terrible, but he could be weirdly effective at times. I also always felt Niasse knew what he wanted to do, he just couldn't actually do it. Martina always just looked a bit like he didn't really understand what he was supposed to be doing. My abiding memories of him are of him being in positions that he just had no business being in, like popping up making a tackle on the centre circle when he was meant to be at left back.

Anyway, I hope we're not having conversations like this for too long because we really need to get a move on with this transfer business.
Yeah, it's definitely a sign of a slow news day / week / month.

Funny how often an Everton player can be boiled down to a single attribute or less. I've got Martina leading Niasse 1-0 on the basis that he occasionally could pick out a pass or cross if give enough time and space.

It wasn't too long ago that I was naming Schneiderlin the best midfielder at the club on the basis that he knew where to stand.

He’s not erratic at all, don’t know what games you’ve been watching, nothing like Pickford . JP throws the ball into his net every week.

As I said it's his handling. Never seems to just catch it. Other than the odd European games I am basing this off youtube of course but its a bit of a worry that his flaws are on show there.

The one at 50 seconds in is shocking. Also footage of him struggling to get the ball from crosses, dropping balls before pouncing on them and stopping shots whilst putting the ball back into dangerous areas.

Pulls of some cracking saves too. The commentator obviously enjoys saying his name as well.

He's an excellent keeper. Great feet and positioning, comes well for crosses and a shot stopper too.

As I said it's his handling. Never seems to just catch it. Other than the odd European games I am basing this off youtube of course but its a bit of a worry that his flaws are on show there.

The one at 50 seconds in is shocking. Also footage of him struggling to get the ball from crosses, dropping balls before pouncing on them and stopping shots whilst putting the ball back into dangerous areas.

Pulls of some cracking saves too. The commentator obviously enjoys saying his name as well.

....makes me nervous just watching his ‘best bits’.

He's an excellent keeper. Great feet and positioning, comes well for crosses and a shot stopper too.

Fair enough, I am not convinced by him. I don't think he is awful or anything but...nah not for me.

I'm all in on the Odysseas Vlachodimos bandwagon though.

Lets face it we are stuck with Pickford and we will just have to grin and bare it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back