Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is that clown Delph doing still at the club ffs?

Should have been booted the moment he pubically called his teammates crap whilst being a complete and utter liability himself all season.

Should be with the under 23's and fired off to some outfit like Fulham or Leeds.
The club is broken. This is all accepted now.

I still think Silva showed enough in his first season that he would’ve turned us around.

He was let down badly by Brands, he said so on the eve of the season when he refused to say we were going into the season stronger.

He also had some terrible luck and then was finished when the team gave up playing for him when it was clear the Everton curse of the fans turning on the manager too quickly made his position untenable.

I still think it was the fans attitude to Martinez, the negativity surrounding him going in to the FA cup semi final, that cost us an FA cup that year as well. That and Lukaku’s performance on the day.

I normally err on the side of caution with managers and thinking it's solely down to them. It's clear managers nowadays come under pressure and almost drown at football clubs-ours included. I don't think it' massively sensible. We've seen the same pattern with multiple managers.

However I do think Silva would never have succeeded here. It went beyond just a bad few games. His in game management was just so poor. We couldn't respond in games. I think he has to learn his trade some more, probably in an easier league. Ideal for a Benfica/Porto, where his coaching ability will mean they are so far ahead of their counterparts, he can slowly improve his in game management.

The current ownership, and fanbase are just not going to show the patience to allow a guy several years languishing in the bottom half to learn his trade.

I normally err on the side of caution with managers and thinking it's solely down to them. It's clear managers nowadays come under pressure and almost drown at football clubs-ours included. I don't think it' massively sensible. We've seen the same pattern with multiple managers.

However I do think Silva would never have succeeded here. It went beyond just a bad few games. His in game management was just so poor. We couldn't respond in games. I think he has to learn his trade some more, probably in an easier league. Ideal for a Benfica/Porto, where his coaching ability will mean they are so far ahead of their counterparts, he can slowly improve his in game management.

The current ownership, and fanbase are just not going to show the patience to allow a guy several years languishing in the bottom half to learn his trade.
Silva was never the right man for the job. He had no track record other than winning a bit in Greece. I agree he was let down a bit last summer but not sure it would have made much difference to his eventual demise.

Fact that we are back in talks with Napoli over Allan suggests to me that the Gabriel situation has reached it's climax. I would imagine we stood back until that was dealt with before pursuing here.

Florenzi would be excellent, on loan at Valencia, so if we could get a loan deal he would fill in the RB gap as well as the capacity to play RW and CM. Versatile. Was the captain at Roma, so another leader that we desperately need!

Allan on loan & Doucoure for £15m both upgrade our midfield majorly. Particularly if we fleece the barcodes £12m for Davies.

Would ideally like a younger, creative CM for cheap to come in too but hey.. that at least solves the problem for now.

Silva was never the right man for the job. He had no track record other than winning a bit in Greece. I agree he was let down a bit last summer but not sure it would have made much difference to his eventual demise.

We will certainly never know the importance of Gbamin getting injured. However, I think he finds ways to lose matches.

Fact that we are back in talks with Napoli over Allan suggests to me that the Gabriel situation has reached it's climax. I would imagine we stood back until that was dealt with before pursuing here.

Florenzi would be excellent, on loan at Valencia, so if we could get a loan deal he would fill in the RB gap as well as the capacity to play RW and CM. Versatile. Was the captain at Roma, so another leader that we desperately need!

Brands has lost the plot.

Allan on loan & Doucoure for £15m both upgrade our midfield majorly. Particularly if we fleece the barcodes £12m for Davies.

Would ideally like a younger, creative CM for cheap to come in too but hey.. that at solves the problem for now.

Where is Doucoure at £15m coming from mate? Is that what you reckon he's available for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back