Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s fantasy land but just thinking about how we could line up next year given the rumors is a bit exciting. Aside from pickford of course.

———————-Pickford———————
Dalot———Mina——-Holgate——-Digne
—————Gomes——Allan—————
————————Oscar——————
Richy—-———Kean/DCL——--——Zaha

Not to disagree with your point, however it’s not solely about match fitness. Part of learning and developing as a player is by undertaking competitive fixtures.

Now the U23 isn't the pinnacle of competitive football by any stretch, but more game time in co-ordination with first team training will make him a better player.

Why do we send players out on a loan? The facilities and coaches in most cases are nowhere near the level we have, but we can't offer them 'real' matches.

You get lads who star in the youth level and then they come against some horrible grock in League 2 and only then do they realise what football is actually about.
If we were going into the season with the lad as fourth choice centre back, which I think is the scenario we were discussing, he would have to be part and parcel of the first team training set up. I think it would then be difficult for him to become a regular fixture in the U23 starting line having not trained or done any match specific tactical stuff with the U23 manager and the rest of the squad.

Also, you never know when he will be required for first team duties. I wouldn't normally expect us to go into a first team game with two centre backs on the subs bench, but we may do so if there is a medical question mark over one of the players, or indeed he may be the actual bench cover in the event of injury or suspension.

I'm not arguing with your assessment that young lads like him learn more from playing competitive games, I just don't see how this could be done in those circumstances.

It's why the decision to keep young players with the first team, or send them out in loan, is such a difficult one to get right. Ideally, for the player and not necessarily the manager that is, a senior player in his position will get injured thereby giving him an opportunity.

Told you Everton are magic. We were able to send our representatives to China even though the country is on lockdown and foreigners haven't been allowed in all year. Get in lads.
Everton no doubt already had a scout in China already, I think that's what would have happened and they get around the restrictions. Although I'm sceptical that this Oscar rumour is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back